Oceanview Upgrade at Sheraton Princess Kaiulani

DREAMER7

We'll be staying at the Sheraton Princess Kaiulani in less than 11 days and we booked a pre-cruise and post-cruise here with 9 other family members.

ShoeQueen had mentioned that she had booked a standard room and was upgraded to an ocean-view room.

Has anybody else had this upgrade?

Did the Hotel offer this automatically upon arrival?

Or do you have to ask about an upgrade?

Was it at an additional cost?

Any information is greatly appreciated.

Blessings!:) :)

We'll be staying at the Sheraton Princess Kaiulani in less than 11 days and we booked a pre-cruise and post-cruise here with 9 other family members.

ShoeQueen had mentioned that she had booked a standard room and was upgraded to an ocean-view room.

Has anybody else had this upgrade?

Did the Hotel offer this automatically upon arrival?

Or do you have to ask about an upgrade?

Was it at an additional cost?

Any information is greatly appreciated.

Blessings!:) :)

I can't wait to read a review of the hotel when you get back. DH and I are staying there 2 days pre cruise in January.

I haven't heard about the upgrades, I hope someone will post before you leave.

Have a great cruise!!

Peggy

Dreamer7, we stayed at the SPK recently. You can read more in the review I posted a few days ago.

What rate were you quoted and what was the room description?

I ask because I went to the site linked below and found an Ocean View rate for 1 King for $185. However, I don't know your dates. I put in 9/21-9/24. Use the Book Now area on the left side. Don't worry about the Special Offers unless it really something you want.

http://specialoffers.starwoodhotels.com/sheraton_princess_kaiulani/?ES=Hawaii_SOP_SI_380

When I booked, I asked for a high floor and they told me the Ocean View rooms would be on a high floor. You also want to make sure you're in the Ainahau Tower. We were on the 22nd floor facing the main part of Waikiki Beach and the view was great. My only quibble was that the Hyatt across the street blocked the view of Diamond Head.

If your rate is higher, then you should be able to cancel and book the $185 rate instead. That will guarantee you a great view instead of hoping for an upgrade.

Hey guys!

I will do my best to post a review of the SPK when we return.

My DH booked with NCL the SPK for our pre and post cruise stay.

I have no idea what rate they quoted us was and I believe its a "standard" room...but I called the hotel directly last week and she said it would be an additional $75.00 + tax per day to get an upgrade to an oceanview room. She stated that since we're cruising the islands that we'll have oceanview the entire 7 days of our cruise...which is true but it would of been the icing on the cake to have oceanview rooms also. I requested our entire family, 4 other couples to be on the same floor with Non-smoking and King beds...so we'll see if that comes true. I'll even try asking the front desk staff about any upgrades for free....maybe even getting the rooms in teh Ainahau Tower.

Hawaii bound !!!

Archived