Ferry Accessibility, St. John to St. Thomas?

cruiseveteran

Has anyone taken the ferry to St. John from St. Thomas and noticed if the ferry is handicap accessible, meaning can you roll your wheelchair or scooter onto the ferry without having to get out of your chair? Anyone out there with any experience or information? We are going there is the next couple of weeks and would like some information if anyone has any on this subject. Thanks in advance! I've posted this same request on the St. Thomas/St. John board.

Has anyone taken the ferry to St. John from St. Thomas and noticed if the ferry is handicap accessible, meaning can you roll your wheelchair or scooter onto the ferry without having to get out of your chair? Anyone out there with any experience or information? We are going there is the next couple of weeks and would like some information if anyone has any on this subject. Thanks in advance! I've posted this same request on the St. Thomas/St. John board.

Hi cruiseveteran,

we took the ferry over last year and enjoyed a great time at Trunk Bay. I used my wc and was wheeled right up onto the ferry and back off without any problem. Have a great trip and enjoy!!!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Crazeecat5

I use a mobility scooter and would like to take the ferry to St. John. How did you get from the ship to the ferry? Also, how did you get around St. John? What did you do there?

Thanks for any info.

Sheryl

• 5 years later...

we took the ferry over last year and enjoyed a great time at Trunk Bay. I used my wc and was wheeled right up onto the ferry and back off without any problem. Have a great trip and enjoy!!!

Which ferry (Red Hook or Charlotte Amalie) did you take? I am hoping the information would still be valid.

Yes the ferry, Red Hook and St. John's are very accessible. If you can't handle a few steps up into one of jitneys or the front seat of same then you will need to take a van taxi. But DW did it in her chair in January....the upper deck of the ferry is obviously not accessible but I was able to push her around Trunk Bay without a problem.

Archived