Dry Pak and Aquapac?????

gizmo0013

Has anyone ever used either of these for snorkeling? I was looking at getting them but would like to know personal opinions or what you recommend. I was using the dry pak for passport, phone, and stuff like that. I wanted a underwater bag to take pictures under water with my digital camera. Any help would be great. Thanks

yhst-19202257998712_1964_17844763trans_1x1.gifyhst-19202257998712_1964_17871090

This durable waterproof belt pack keeps your contents secure from water, sand, debris, and prying eyes. The blue nylon hides your valuables while the waist belt keeps them close at hand. Each DRY PAK case is submersible to 30 feet, and features cam lock clips that hermetically seal out water, sand and dust. The cases are ultrasonically welded to the top clips, so there are no parts to lose.

The case dimensions on this belt pack are 6in wide by 5in long. The case attaches to the belt by use of a carabiner. This allows you to easily slide the belt pack around to your back-side out of the way, or quickly slide it around front for easy access. Each belt pack includes the adjustable waist belt and an anodized aluminum carabiner. The adjustable waist belt will adjust from 26 inch waist up to a 50 inch waist.

trans_1x1.gifyhst-19202257998712_1964_14220465yhst-19202257998712_1964_14253814

Now you can take your camera anywhere. Designed specifically for point and shoot cameras, this case provides great waterproof protection for even your new digital camera. No need to worry about sand at the beach, splashing at the pool, or rainy days. You can even take pictures under water now! The unique optically clear LENZFLEX material from Aquapac allows you to take great pictures with the camera still in the case -- underwater or not. 100% waterproof to 15 feet.

The flat dimensions of this case are 5.5in x 7.25in.

Has anyone ever used either of these for snorkeling? I was looking at getting them but would like to know personal opinions or what you recommend. I was using the dry pak for passport, phone, and stuff like that. I wanted a underwater bag to take pictures under water with my digital camera. Any help would be great. Thanks

Hi,

I used the "baggie" enclosure for my camera for a couple of years. It's definitely better than a disposable but be aware you'll have to shoot from your lcd since the viewfinder won't work with a mask on, you should be prepared to operate only the basics of controls as many are difficult to push, thumb over, etc. through the plastic. Keep the 15ft. in mind as you don't want a leak, get some desicant packs to put in the bag to keep fogging down (any brand for cameras will work, I use the olympic ones though I have a canon camera), put your camera in the bag in your cabin before you go to the beach, boat, whatever and don't open it until you're done (don't want drips, sand, etc. to get in it), and think about upgrading to a "real" enclosure if/when you get the funds. :)

Randall

Archived