What would be your idea of a great birthday in Curacao?

Pbjandthou

Hello Everyone!

DH and I will be cruising on the AOS 5/4-5/11/08 and will be visiting Curacao on my 43rd birthday. I guess that it's fairly obvious that I'm looking forward to our trip. What? I love to plan - it's just what I do!! :D

We have never visited Curacao, but have heard that it is absolutely lovely and that the snorkeling there is incredible. DH and I love the beach, love the water, and although we both enjoy snorkeling, chances are I won't be able to participate as I recently had braces "installed". :( It would still be nice to find a spot (or sailing excursion) that would allow DH the ability to enjoy the clear water and abundant marine life.

We also enjoy sightseeing and learning about the local culture and cuisine. I would like this to be a relaxed-attitude, semi-active, very fun birthday (not too demanding, am I?:o ), so I would like to avoid running around trying to cram everything into one day.

I could sure use your help. What would be your idea of a great birthday in Curacao?

• 1 month later...

Curacao is lovely and the snorkeling is very good. We will be there again in April and are going to Playa Porto Mari in the morning and will spend the afternoon walking around Willemstad.

There are some good reviews of the beach- Playa Porto Mari on this forum.

Many people also like the Sea Aquarium and the beaches in that area.

Cruisers can easily spend a half day in Willemstad, walking, or taking the Trolley Train to see the highlights of the city.

Thank you so much for your reply, April.

I had heard that the snorkeling was great there and had read several very good reviews of Playa Porto Mari.

It helps so much to know that it is a realistic goal to snorkel and sightsee all in one day.

thanks again.

Lora

Archived