Experience with RCCL Customer Service?

Bob26

I am not sure if this is a result of new pricing policy or not, but...

We are traveling with other two couples. All three couples made reservations through different travel agents. I called RCCL to ask if it is possible to reference all three reservation numbers together, so we will be assigned to the same table on the same early shift.

I think it was a very simple request, and I have done similar things in the past. However, this time the representative was extremely rude. She basically said: "Do not call us. Call your travel agent and let him/her make the arrangements. Let them earn their commission." Even after I explained the situation about three different travel agents, she refused to help anyway.

I know, it is no big deal. I can ask my travel agent to take care of that or do it on board of the ship, but that was extremely rude and unprofessional.

Bob.

Rude and unprofessional is not necessary and highly uncalled for... but what she told you was correct. You must go through the 3 TAs for that request.

Sorry you were on the wrong end of the phone with someone who was obviously having a bad day. :(

Bob:

No excuse for anyone to be rude on the phone.........but as previous posters have said, once you turn over your booking to your t/a you are out of the loop on just about everything. Any of the three t/a's as mentioned can call and link all three of your booking numbers for dinner. Just make sure the t/a that does it has all of the booking numbers. I do this all the time.

Jim

We are also traveling with two other couples. Two who booked through RCI and my DH and myself who used a TA. The lady at RCI who booked one of our friends was more than happy to link our booking #'s for dining. I think you just got a crabby unhelpful person, try again.

Maybe I got the same person. I requested a brochure and was asked if I was considering booking. I said that I had already booked through expedia and she was very rude and told me to call them for th ebrochure - that's what they get paid for.

I wish RCCL would match the prices of TA's like other lines do - then this hassle wouldn't be necessary.

When I called RCCL customer service this summer when I wanted to find out 2nd dinner seating was available for our VOS 8/8 trip, I talked to an agent who was very friendly and actually changed us to 2nd seating despite the fact I had booked with an email only. well known, internet based TA. After she made the changes, she said she really shouldn't have done so and asked me to email the TA to let them know RCCL made a change they hadn't requested and should know about it.

I found this to be quite helpful.

I guess it's who you get and on what day that makes all the difference.

I have found customer service to be a mixed bag. It all depends on who picks up the call. Sometimes not helpful and sometimes they do not have the correct answers.

That said, when getting someone on the phone that is rude like that, it might help to get a name and file a complaint. Yes, I know this is a pain the the you know what to do, but if no one complains about these people the management is likely to not even know what is going on. One or two complaints about a rep being rude probably will do no good. But if this person keeps it up and gets a handful of complaints, the management has plenty of documentation to see it is not a fluke or a bad day. There is a real problem.

Archived