Ordering extra at dinner

rookie1920

I have read that you are allowed to order practically anything you want at dinner, meaning i can order a steak, and then say i want the lobster thats on the menu also.

Has anyone done that? Seen anyone do that? I am just trying to get an idea of how many people actually do that. I dont want to have bad ettiqutte or something like that, cause if people are doing it.... then its on!

I have read that you are allowed to order practically anything you want at dinner, meaning i can order a steak, and then say i want the lobster thats on the menu also.

Has anyone done that? Seen anyone do that? I am just trying to get an idea of how many people actually do that. I dont want to have bad ettiqutte or something like that, cause if people are doing it.... then its on!

On my last cruise, I didn't have a choice. My waiter would bring me what I ordered plus what he thought I might like. Yes, that meant eating 2 dinners every night, but I didn't want to insult him :o :D .

After clearing my apps, he would take my bread plate to "make room", he would say. When I tried to tell him no, he would say "1-800-CALL-JENNY":D .

So the short answer is, yes, everyone does it. The portions are also on the small side, so if you are a big eater, order big!

While I generallly don't order two entrees, I order two appetixzers. I know people who order multiple entrees. If you do order multiple anything, please do so when you order your first of a given type of item. Makes the waiter's job easier

Yes, we do it all the time, but make sure you order the extras when they first take your order and not later. Also don't worry about your new tablemates, I tell them Im here to eat so look out.

Fred

Yes, we do it all the time, but make sure you order the extras when they first take your order and not later. Also don't worry about your new tablemates, I tell them Im here to eat so look out.

Fred

LOL Fred.....Why don't you show them some of your big pictures!!! :D:D

My dad was torn between 3 entrées one night and ordered 1....the waiter brought all 3.

I ordered multiple lobster tail and prime rib...no problem. When the entrée portion of the meal was almost over the waiter asked if anyone needed anything..............all i said jokingly........was to not let anything good go to waste......................he brought out 2 more tails.

They push it as much as people ask for more!! So don't worry about it.

I'm a picky eater and do use it as an opportunity to expand my horizons. And waist line LOL

and by the way.....you can eat of the kids menu and vise versa...........

On my cruise, our tablemate ordered multiples of everything every night. The best was the night he ordered four desserts. We all just laughed...the next night, he confessed he'd experienced horrible heartburn after that!

Honestly, though, I ordered multiples of appetizers and desserts (and pasta dishes as appetizers--the spaghetti carbonara was FANTASTIC). I didn't order multiple entrees, but even our very petite female tablemate ordered four entrees one night with nary a blink.

Order whatever you like!!! :D

HAVE AT IT!!!...I personally will order two lobster tails each time...and two escargots when they have them on the menu...on one of our cruises the waiter joked that he would bring everyone at our table..6 of us..2 each..well that is just what he did...some didn't want the extra...so you know who ate them ;) ..can't waste food now can we????:D

Fred

I solve that by bringing my own tablemates...:D

.. When I tried to tell him no, he would say "1-800-CALL-JENNY":D .

!

I like your waiter!

I will typically order a couple of appetizers and one entree though I've been known to order two. My biggest problem this last trip was desserts..... the chocolate melting cake was a must have, every night... so creme brulee night I had two desserts that night. On the night I had filet I requested medium rare. It came out medium but I'm not that picky and it was delicious anyway so I didn't say a word. Park, our waiter, came by and asked if all was well to which we all replied yes. A couple of minutes later he came back with another filet, medium rare, and said that my first one was too well cooked so he brought another. I had two excellent steaks for dinner that night!

Archived