Ordering extra at dinner

rookie1920

definately order multiple picks when you can't decide. We always order the steak with the lobster too. We too had a waiter who would bring us multiple desserts...just what we didn't need...but it was fun to see all the variety and take a nibble.

I think that ordering 10 lobster tails is pretty pigish. I can see ordering 3 or 4 but 10 is pretty selfish. Apparently you have no regard for others who might not get any if they happen to run out which probably is not likely but you never know.

Robb

Robb, if they run out they just cast another Lobster Trap over the side. :D

Fred

Ordering two entrees is about 90% of the reason my husband is counting down the days until we sail away!

I am speecheless, eating should be an enjoyable event. There is nothing better than having some wine with a great meal. When you pig out, you get bloated, gasy, constipated, tired, lazy, gain weight etc ...

Food is available on the ship 24/7, my advice is instead of stuffing yourself during one meal is to have a snack or fruits every couple of hours and when is dinner time you just order enough to satisfy your appetite. Trust me, you will feel better and you will enjoy your cruise experience even more. As a bonus, you and your partner will make better, longer and more beautiful music together ;)

I am speecheless, eating should be an enjoyable event. There is nothing better than having some wine with a great meal. When you pig out, you get bloated, gasy, constipated, tired, lazy, gain weight etc ...

Food is available on the ship 24/7, my advice is instead of stuffing yourself during one meal is to have a snack or fruits every couple of hours and when is dinner time you just order enough to satisfy your appetite. Trust me, you will feel better and you will enjoy your cruise experience even more. As a bonus, you and your partner will make better, longer and more beautiful music together

Though I agree with your sentiment on overeating, who are we to judge why other people cruise and what they eat? My first cruise I gained 10lbs because I couldn't resist eating at all of the venues throughout the day! I had a full breakfast, lunch, and dinner each day with snacks thrown in. It was great fun.

I won't do that again but I can understand why food is a great draw to a lot of people. On my next cruise, I'll be surprised if I gain more than a pound or two - my attitude about food and eating has changed. But if someone else sees a cruise as a chance to go "whole hog" more power to them. We all cruise for different reasons.

I have read that you are allowed to order practically anything you want at dinner, meaning i can order a steak, and then say i want the lobster thats on the menu also.

Has anyone done that? Seen anyone do that? I am just trying to get an idea of how many people actually do that. I dont want to have bad ettiqutte or something like that, cause if people are doing it.... then its on!

Oh yes!!! I am a big fan of shrimp cocktail and lobster, so for my appetizer I usually order 2 shrimp coctail. With the lobster if I still have a little room I may order a small steak. They don't look at you any differently if you order 1 or 2 meals. All they want to do is make you happy.

I like being able to see the dinner menus ahead of time through research so I am actually hungry for dinner. I remember this great cheese and vegee vegetarian entree I would order as a side dish and still get my yummy steak or lobster.

We all have our favorites.

Food is available on the ship 24/7, my advice is instead of stuffing yourself during one meal is to have a snack or fruits every couple of hours and when is dinner time you just order enough to satisfy your appetite. Trust me, you will feel better and you will enjoy your cruise experience even more. As a bonus, you and your partner will make better, longer and more beautiful music together ;)

Or you can just do what we do, take GasX and walk for about an hour or so after that big meal....trust me the "music" IS better, longer, and VERY beautiful!!! No problem, mon ;)

I've been dieting and working out for a year now. Dropped from 210 to 171. I plan on ignoring the diet during the cruise but I'm certainly not going to eat myself silly. An extra lobster tail or two on lobster night won't hurt too much.

Plus my plan and workout work good so I'll be able to shed what ever I gain fairly quickly.

I think that ordering 10 lobster tails is pretty pigish. I can see ordering 3 or 4 but 10 is pretty selfish. Apparently you have no regard for others who might not get any if they happen to run out which probably is not likely but you never know.

Robb

Yes it is pretty piggish but the waiter kept on coming with them until we had to tell him no more. We didn't actually ask for that many, just an extra one!

I do it almost every night. We try to do low-carb at home, so on the cruise, I want pasta. But not as my entree. So I will order the meat (usually the beef dish) with the pasta as a side. I also order my own surf and turf on lobster night. If we can't decide, we order both. MOst portions are small so you won't waste anything. MANYMANYMANY people do this - take advantage of it...

Yes it is pretty piggish but the waiter kept on coming with them until we had to tell him no more. We didn't actually ask for that many, just an extra one!

That happened to us when we cruised with friends. My friend's DH and I asked for a second tail and our waiter brought out a whole tray - we were at 2nd seating and I guess they were trying to get rid of them as I saw other waiters walking around with trays full as well offering more...

On our first 7-day cruise, one lady at our table sent back her dinner every night (except lobster night, when she ordered two) and had something else brought to her. Most nights my husband and I and others had ordered the same meal and thought it was excellent.

Think of it more like a camp out. I usually pack my portable fire pit, which allows me to reheat any leftover meat I sneak into my DW's purse. Throw it on a stick and serve with some rolls (also from dinner). Nothing better than "meat smore's" from my balcony!

MMM Party on your balcony.I'll birng the drinks.

I don't usually end up getting dessert because I'd never be able to eat it after all that food. I do get double escargot, I love those!

We were seated next to a table where one woman orderd a deluxe hamburger every single night, including lobster night!

This chick needs to come and see you. With all that yummy food around I wouldn't dream of ordering a hamberger for dinner. Only for lunch on the Lido deck. Crazy.

That happened to us when we cruised with friends. My friend's DH and I asked for a second tail and our waiter brought out a whole tray - we were at 2nd seating and I guess they were trying to get rid of them as I saw other waiters walking around with trays full as well offering more...

Ahh the beauty of late seating. Plus you can linger a little longer.

On my last cruise, I didn't have a choice. My waiter would bring me what I ordered plus what he thought I might like. Yes, that meant eating 2 dinners every night, but I didn't want to insult him :o :D .

After clearing my apps, he would take my bread plate to "make room", he would say. When I tried to tell him no, he would say "1-800-CALL-JENNY":D .

So the short answer is, yes, everyone does it. The portions are also on the small side, so if you are a big eater, order big!

LOL!! Did you have Dante on the Liberty? He did the same thing to us, if we didnt voluntarily order a second dish, he brought us "Dante's Special" of another dish for us to try.

Archived