Dress for Halloween?

Second seating

Going on the Golden during Halloween week. Halloween will be a port day.

Do most folks wear their costume during dinner in the main dining rooms? Or do they change into them later for the party in the lounge.

What lounge do they old the Halloween party of is it sort of all over the ship?

Any additional info from pax who have cruised during Halloween and how they handle it on the ships would be greatly appreciated!

We've been on Halloween cruises twice. Many people bring costumes (or make them out of the linens in their staterooms - lots of togas). We didn't see any costumes in the dining rooms, so they change into them after dinner. The party was by the pool on the Lido deck both times, and included a costume contest. Lot's of fun! One of the best costumes I've seen was a family with college-age kids; the mother was dressed up as a very good imitation of Cruella de Vil and each kid had pajamas with spots and tails and tan ball caps with floppy ears attached. They didn't win, though. An older couple won dressed as Adam and Eve (yes, they had costumes on:rolleyes: ).

We always sail in October, most of them during Halloween. No, you don't see people in the dining rooms in costume. Most people change after dinner, then join in on the festivities in one of the lounges. We always have a great time!!

While I didn't see any passengers dressed in costume for dinner, the wait staff was dressed for Halloween, and very much looking forward to the crew party after hours. Most of the staff comes from countries who do not observe Hallow's Eve like most Americans do. They were like little kids, excited about their costumes. The day was spent in Dubrovnik, where November 1st is a very important holy day. There, Hallow's Eve is spent buying flowers and preparing food for the next day. The flower markets were lovely, and all the residents had armloads of them! They decorate graves on Nov. 1.:)

I was on the Crown Princess during Halloween last year. We brought costumes and were surprised at how many people actually bring them (and some quite elaborate and bulky). The crew dressed up as well (with few exceptions). The party gets going after dinner and a lot of people remain in costume until late in the night. It was great fun

I am really impressed, and it could not have taken much room in the suitcase. There hope for all of us yet! :D

Actually, the couple were in their 70's and the costumes were full-body Adam and Eve with padding where required (and built-in fig leaves). it was really cute!:D

Thanks to all the replies to my questions!;)

Sooooooooo most of the ship's Halloween goings-on is on the pool deck and that starts up well after the last dinner seating? Anyone know what time it will probably start?

Do they have a band or music for dancing or just the costume party?

Any special food-buffet at this party? Not that we would need it cause we have late dining seating...but just curious.

It all sounds like so much fun....can't wait to enjoy the parteeeeeeeee.

Ohhhh BTW..here is my costume I will be wearing:

http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e365/monakayk/FlapperCostume-1.jpg

My DH will be dressed like a 'Sheik' like the below photo...except his entire costume is white with a gold band around his head-dress & he does have a beard---his own:

http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e365/monakayk/LawrenceofArabia.jpg

Archived