Gym on Pearl

Cruisechic470

I am pretty sure the minimum age to use the gym on the Pearl was 16, because my 11 year old couldn't go. But it is a nice gym -- treadmills, ellipticals, weights, etc. There are pilates, yoga and spinning classes -- I think they are around $10 per class but I'm not positive. There is a free aerobics class as well.

• 4 weeks later...

Does anyone know the operating hours of the fitness center? More specifially, the GEM? I know that on one ship I was on, it was open 24 hrs/day. Not sure if it was an NCL ship. I get up rather early and want to make use of the time.

Fitness/Aerobic classes: In my past experiences, there is not an extra fee for most classes with the exception of yoga, pilates and spinning.

I think the classes are apx. 45 min. You haven't lived until you have tried an aerobics class, esp a step class on a day with rough seas. :D Something like jumping up and down in a moving elevator. Take bonine before.

Last December we were on the Pearl and my 13 year old daughter was able to use the treadmills. She had just ran the Jacksonville Marthon (26.2 miles) the day before and had to run each day for the muscles to begin to clean out and heal. I know that sounds crazy but that is what the experts say.

Anyway, my wife asked about the minimum age and they said the age was 16, but after we explained the need they said it was fine. As the cruise went on nobody ever checked to see if she was old enough. The employees did not really seem to care, or would rather not push the issue unless somebody complains or the underage teen is fooling around.

I am of the opinion that it is better to just give it a try and ask them for forgiveness.

Working out on a cruise is a good form of . . .

CruiseHealing

Does anyone know the operating hours of the fitness center? More specifially, the GEM? I know that on one ship I was on, it was open 24 hrs/day. Not sure if it was an NCL ship. I get up rather early and want to make use of the time.

This is my question too. Anybody? Thank in advance! :)

Archived