Beach Towels?

new2mecruisin

I cannot find a thread on this, maybe I'm not looking in the right places. Please excuse me if I'm repeating a question that's been answered in the past. :oI think we all can agree that Beach towels take up a ton of room in the suitcase :rolleyes:and we plan on being in the water as much as possible. :D I need to know before I begin packing.....does Carnival Legend provide Beach towels for your use? If so, are you able to take these ashore on beach days? :confused: Thank you in advance for your input!

I cannot find a thread on this, maybe I'm not looking in the right places. Please excuse me if I'm repeating a question that's been answered in the past. :oI think we all can agree that Beach towels take up a ton of room in the suitcase :rolleyes:and we plan on being in the water as much as possible. :D I need to know before I begin packing.....does Carnival Legend provide Beach towels for your use? If so, are you able to take these ashore on beach days? :confused: Thank you in advance for your input!

Yes they sure do. Nice big blue towels. :D Your steward will replace them every day.

Have a great cruise! :)

Yes

http://www.carnival.com/CMS/FAQs/Beach_Towels.aspx

Oversized logo beach towels are placed in each stateroom nightly as an amenity. Guests may take the towels ashore, but are expected to return them. If the guest wishes to purchase the beach towels, they are available for a fee.

You have all been very helpful....hopefully my DD's aren't too terribly dissappointed when I tell them I don't want to pack their brand new huge Disney Beach Towels for the trip. That's what we bought them for and I wouldn't let them use them all summer - ooops! :eek:(In order to keep them fresh and new looking for the trip.) But we live on the water - so you can never have enough beach towels at my house!!! We may even purchase Carnival towels to bring home - a souvenior!!;) But I sure am glad to not have to pack towels!!!:D

Although Carnival will allow you to take your towel off the ship for excursions, I have read (I'm not really a beach person myself) that some people like to take skimpy beach towels with them to carry off the ship for excursions for a couple of reasons: 1) The Carnival towels are huge and will take up a lot of room in your bag not leaving room for much else; 2) The cost for the towels is $22 each so if you lose or someone abscounds with your towel on the beach, you are out $22 each instead of the $5 or $6 you spent for the WalMart towel. Just a thought.

I have never had the steward give me fresh towels. I used mine for the shower one night as they are bigger than the bath towels. It was never replaced. I left it on the bathroom floor and still not replaced. I have given up and take my own.

Candi

They are not only bigger, but are a deep blue. Im surprised your steward didnt replace them. I have never had a problem with that.

We take skimpy little towels also for shore excursions, those big blue ones are too big to pack sometimes. If you are just doing the beach that is one thing but if you are going on a scooter or bus and just wanting a short beach stop the little ones are the way to go.

I have never had the steward give me fresh towels. I used mine for the shower one night as they are bigger than the bath towels. It was never replaced. I left it on the bathroom floor and still not replaced. I have given up and take my own.

Candi

A Steward? are we talking about more than 1 cruise?

I have never had to use the same towel, always replaced at night.

Those Carnival towels are large and heavy, especially when wet. They are very nice, soft and fluffy, but i just use them onboard at the pool and take a couple of the cheap, thin Walmart variety ashore. Keeps the tote bag lighter and I'm not out $22 each if something happens to them.

I also take my own thin, inexpensive $7 WalMart beach towel. Takes up almost no room in the luggage, and I don't have to worry about losing or having a Carnival towel stolen while on shore - and being charged $22. The main reason is that just ONE of the Carnival towels would fill my entire tote bag.:rolleyes:

anybody's ever go missing @ poolside?

just wondering with all the posts as to "chair hogs":rolleyes: , or do they place other types of towels down?

or worse yet, someone picks yours up while you're in the pool by mistake:eek:

don't they have the smaller "pool towels"?

Archived