Power Outlets

mildew1951

When I clicked on the link it didn't work. In the past we have used a power strip but due to most of the plugs being bulky, we would plug something in and the next plug was covered up. We bought a Power Squid so that all 5 plugs can be used. I ordered online and it was only 12.49.

:confused: This is what power outlets look like in Australia. http://www.pco.com.au/axaa2008/plug.jpg and 220v. Will these work on RCCL ships or do I need an adaptor. Sailing on Rhapsody in 1 week.

You will need an adapter for European to Australia plugs, you said in another thread that Australia is 220v, so if you want to use the US style you will need an adapter and a voltage converter.

You need an adapter; US plugs are different. We do typically have three prongs (though some things still only have two, no grounding prong on the bottom), but the top two are parallel to each other (perpendicular to the floor) and the bottom one (the grounding prong) is round instead of flat.

Here's a photo I found via Google of what our outlets as well as both two- and three-pronged plugs look like: electric1b.jpg

Archived