children in the Supper Club

gettin outta here

I agree that the supper club is not a place for children. When we were in Nick and Nora's on the Miracle in June there were 2 children in there. A little girl about 3 yrs old and a baby. The little girl was running all over the place and the baby was crying. thank goodness the father had common sense to take the baby out when he/she started to cry. I was very annoyed because this was very obtrusive to me. The supper club is an upscale establishment that really shouldn't have young children. There is no children's menu and I doubt any kid would eat what is on the menu and at $30 p/p it is not worth it for a child. The dinner takes at least 2 1/2 hours and most children cannot sit for that long.

Before anyone flames me. I have nothing against children, I have 2 of my own, albeit teenagers but even when they were younger, I wouldn't have taken them. I think the supper club is a place for adults with a romantic and adult atmosphere and ambiance.

Can someone tell me more about the Supper Club.......price, selection etc. and are children welcome in the supper Club. Does the Valor have a supper Club???

I won't take my kids to the supper club. If I had a well-behaved 16 year old, maybe, but not little kids.

I agree that the supper club is not a place for children. When we were in Nick and Nora's on the Miracle in June there were 2 children in there. A little girl about 3 yrs old and a baby. The little girl was running all over the place and the baby was crying. thank goodness the father had common sense to take the baby out when he/she started to cry. I was very annoyed because this was very obtrusive to me. The supper club is an upscale establishment that really shouldn't have young children. There is no children's menu and I doubt any kid would eat what is on the menu and at $30 p/p it is not worth it for a child. The dinner takes at least 2 1/2 hours and most children cannot sit for that long.

Before anyone flames me. I have nothing against children, I have 2 of my own, albeit teenagers but even when they were younger, I wouldn't have taken them. I think the supper club is a place for adults with a romantic and adult atmosphere and ambiance.

I certainly will not flame you. I was also at Nick & Nora s on the Miracle. A set of 4 yr old twin boys, very much alike, very loud, "no, no, no" to everything that the mommy said. Dad was lost in space and seemed to never even look at the boys, as they ran all around, grabbing at peoples clothing as they played tag. The head waiter spoke quietly to the family 3 times while we were there. There was no notable change in their actions. It is NOT the place for children. It is supposed to be a "special" venue, not the local Mickey D's. I have children that have cruised with me and thank you God above, no one can write about mine like this!!! They would have been taken for a "walk" back to the cabin from the main dining room if they ever tried anything near this. RESPECT can go a long way. Camp Carnival has some pizza party movie nights and they are perfect for parents with the younger children to schedule a dining time away from the little ones, to have a chance to enjoy some grown up, romantic time. After dinner, a walk around the ship, watching the waves and the moon, there is even time to catch an hour in the cabin before picking up the kids...AAHHHH ROMANCE

Can someone tell me more about the Supper Club.......price, selection etc. and are children welcome in the supper Club. Does the Valor have a supper Club???

To put this in a child's view, the children would not enjoy it, it takes too long for a child, the food is not what they want, and they wouldn't want to dress up and sat there that long. Do your children a favor and don't put them thru that...:D

Oh, come now, .......must we? Is there NO place where I can escape to a subtle, quietly romantic and intimate dinner with my wife on board? If I want "Denny's", I'll go to the buffett.

To put this in a child's view, the children would not enjoy it, it takes too long for a child, the food is not what they want, and they wouldn't want to dress up and sat there that long. Do your children a favor and don't put them thru that...:D

I know that's how my younger two (11 and 7) would feel! They dine with us most nights in the dining room and do fine there (youngest LOVES the tilapia served on the first night), but they wouldn't enjoy the supper club. I'm sure there are some kids who do enjoy the supper club, but for most kids it's a good night to let them have a night out with Camp Carnival.

I think it depends on the children. My parents brought me to nice restaurants as a child and taught me how to behave in public. From a very young age, I loved to eat in restaurants and appreciate good food. At 2 years old I ordered a lobster, and ate it all, while out to dinner with my grandparents. So while I agree that some children should not be taken to the supper club, or perhaps any public restaurant, because they would not enjoy the experience and/or not behave accordingly, if you are willing to spend the money for your children to eat at the supper club, and they understand the expected behavior, then by all means take them and let them experience a great dinner.

There is no rule that says you can't take children into the supper club. But you must already know if they can sit and eat a dinner, without disruption.

I brought my then 6 year old with us. She's been eating out with us since she was a youngster. I am proud to take her anywhere.

We were told if she had an entree, she would be charged. Else, she could share with us.

She had the porterhouse, wife had the lobster, and I had the fillet.

I think it depends on the children. My parents brought me to nice restaurants as a child and taught me how to behave in public. From a very young age, I loved to eat in restaurants and appreciate good food. At 2 years old I ordered a lobster, and ate it all, while out to dinner with my grandparents. So while I agree that some children should not be taken to the supper club, or perhaps any public restaurant, because they would not enjoy the experience and/or not behave accordingly, if you are willing to spend the money for your children to eat at the supper club, and they understand the expected behavior, then by all means take them and let them experience a great dinner.

I agree completely. My earlier post, upon re-reading, sounded harsh, and for that I apologize. I too, as a child, was taken to some very (and I mean VERY good restaurants....Antoine's, Brennan's, Visco's, Mosca's, etc....New Orleans) and I behaved as was expected from my parents). Children SHOULD experience the world OTHER than Denny's or McDonald's, but they should be taught decorum and an appreciation for something other than fast food and Playland beforehand. We'll be a better society for it. Thanks, KarenMF for settling me down :) .

I agree that it depends on the child...... We took our 11 year-old daughter on the Glory last year and she had a great time. She tried all of the specialty butters and enjoyed the "compliments of the chef" dishes. She ordered the porterhouse as well and didn't eat the whole thing but that is why her daddy was waiting with his knief and fork!!

Thanks for all the responses, especially to those of you who do not assume all children should be stowed away under the bed with the luggage. honestly I asked the question because i had no idea what the supper club was. My children are well behaved and do know what is exceptable behavior. however with that being said it does sound as though the supper club is not something we will be enjoying this cruise. We booked a family cruise and i do agree with the poster who said the kids probably would not enjoy it;)

Thanks again

Although I know my kids would like the food that is served in the Supper Club I have never taken them yet. I savour that time to enjoy a quite dinner with the DH. They eat dinner with us every other night in the dining room and do very well. You have to escape the rugrats now and then.

I won't take my kids to the supper club. If I had a well-behaved 16 year old, maybe, but not little kids.

I agree! My 16yo daughter and I were on the Conquest back in July, and we ate at the Point for my birthday! It was so elegant and quiet, I can't imagine someone bringing little ones in there!

Get out!:D Really? Did she eat much of it? :confused:

Bless her heart.:)

Enough. She LOVES her "beef".

And then she "stole" my triple dessert.

In between meals, we thought we might have to go for a stroll, thinking she might get bored? NOT! We danced a bit, and enjoyed the samples the servers brought out. The service was so attentive, we never seemed to be "waiting".

She insisted we do it again this summer, but the Victory doesn't have one!

Archived