Prepaid Tips

cateyes2u

I prepaid my tips. Does the cruiseline notify their employees in advance? I don't want them think I am ungrateful when I don't hand them an envelope the end of the cruise.

Anyone know the answer to this?

Yes, it will be in the system, you can view it on your T.V. it will show something like -(70.00) on each account.

Fred

Either way, mostly everyone will have their tips paid for instead of paying via envelope. Even if you don't prepay the tip before getting onbard, the tip will be billed to your sail and sign car. You can go to the purser's desk and ask for it to be removed if you prefer to pay in person....but many on this board wont recommend taking it off your acct because your room steward may find out....:confused:

You are, however, given a few envelopes, which most usually for extra "above and beyond" tipping.

Many years ago, Carnival did have envelopes in the cabins for tipping, which was done on the last evening of the cruise. This was phased out when they started the automatic tipping on the Sail & Sign accounts.

There should be but one envelope on the last evening - for the Maitre d', should you want to tip him. I do not tip him unless he has performed a special service for me.

I now choose to prepay my tips when paying for the cruise. Yes, the employees know you have already paid them.

There should be but one envelope on the last evening - for the Maitre d', should you want to tip him. I do not tip him unless he has performed a special service for me.

Just a "for your information" note...... If you enjoyed the dining experience, were seated with other people that you enjoyed meeting, got your assigned dining time, etc......you can thank the Maitre d' as he's the one who sets all that up. Even though you don't have personal contact with him (or her), it doesn't mean that they haven't done something to make your dining experience more enjoyable. Now that I realize all that I'll be sure to tip them also.

I prepaid my tips. Does the cruiseline notify their employees in advance? I don't want them think I am ungrateful when I don't hand them an envelope the end of the cruise.

Anyone know the answer to this?

Not 100% sure as last Month on the glory,my friends prepaid and it did not show on his statement either.He went to the pursers and they had a list of those that were prepaid,they were on it.He was nervous about it and even showed the room steward and waiters his ticket showing prepaid.

So much effort over what they could just include in the fair.:rolleyes:

Archived