Explorer Kids Program - remaining in touch

JosieRhodes

I was just curious about what happens if you drop your kids (8 and 9) off for a kids program activities and leave the area and one of the following happens...

1) the kids decide they don't want in the activity any more, can the parents be contacted?

2) some sort of emergency happens to kids, how would parents be notified

3) if the schedule says they are in place X, you go there, and there's been a change in plans, how do you know where they are?

Guess again I can comparing to Disney where you get a beeper...

Any input appreciated....

I was just curious about what happens if you drop your kids (8 and 9) off for a kids program activities and leave the area and one of the following happens...

1) the kids decide they don't want in the activity any more, can the parents be contacted?

2) some sort of emergency happens to kids, how would parents be notified

3) if the schedule says they are in place X, you go there, and there's been a change in plans, how do you know where they are?

Guess again I can comparing to Disney where you get a beeper...

Any input appreciated....

Josie -

We always bring our own 2 way radio's with us when we cruise with our 10 yr old daughter. She has one, and we have one. In case she wants us to come and get her (we don't allow sign out priviledges) we can be there within a few minutes. The radio's work out perfectly for us.

I have never encountered a situation where the kids location has been changed (question 2) they are always where they say they will be, so it hasn't been a problem for us.

I don't allow my DD to sign herself out. I cannot imagine going up to Adventure Ocean to see her and she isn't there - instead she is wandering around the ship and I would have NO clue where she is :eek: She is okay with it, and understands the reasons why she can't "wander" around on her own.

Worst case scenario, they can always page you over the P.A. They usually do not give out pagers for children that old but it has been a long time since I took my kids on Royal because they really didn't like it. I only take my kids on Carnival but will do Royal when it's just the two of us.

Archived