Nachi Cocum with kids

fidldidi

I know people speak of how this is such a great peaceful relaxing beach, and how there generally aren't many kids there. We have kids who will be 6 and 8, and we're looking for a not so crowded beach day. My kids don't need all the beach toys that PB offers, really they just like playing in the water, sand, waves. And I'm really looking for less crowds. So from that standpoint I think Nachi would be good for us. However, I'm wondering if the kids are playing and are somewhat loud, as kids are, is it noticeable and annoying to others there? That's my biggest hesitation at this point, I'm just worried I'd spend the day feeling uncomfortable if the kids are "being kids" and worrying that we're ruining others' day.

Anyone have thoughts on this?

I know people speak of how this is such a great peaceful relaxing beach, and how there generally aren't many kids there. We have kids who will be 6 and 8, and we're looking for a not so crowded beach day. My kids don't need all the beach toys that PB offers, really they just like playing in the water, sand, waves. And I'm really looking for less crowds. So from that standpoint I think Nachi would be good for us. However, I'm wondering if the kids are playing and are somewhat loud, as kids are, is it noticeable and annoying to others there? That's my biggest hesitation at this point, I'm just worried I'd spend the day feeling uncomfortable if the kids are "being kids" and worrying that we're ruining others' day.

Anyone have thoughts on this?

Personally we booked Nachi Cocum to precisely escape kids being kids.

We were there on Tuesday and had the most fantastic day. (My Wife was almost in tears that we had to leave to head back to the ship. It was THAT perfect of a day for her)

The beach is like 200 yards or so long. (maybe longer, as there is no other beach right next door, like at San Fransisco, Paradise, etc.)

At the far end was a group of 4 adults from our ship, who set up under a couple of Palapas dwon there and never came up to eat or use the pool or hottub.

My Wife and I set up under a Palapa right next to the steps up to the pool and restaurant.

The 6 of us were all of the patrons that entire day.

My Wife and I had the pool and hot tub to ourselves all day. (the pool is huge and has one end with a ledge to lay on just under the water, so you can stay cool while you sunbathe. The other end has a bench under the water so you can swim up and sit right at the bar. The hot tub is right next to this and has a bench at the bar also.)

We kept saying we would have been happy to pay the $49 per person, just for the privacy and the peace and quiet that we got. The all we could eat and drink was just a bonus.

Would having two kids running around the beach or running around the pool deck and splashing in the pool have ruined our idyllic day at Nachi Cocum?

No.

Would it have detracted from the day for us?

Absolutely.

But no worse than if we had gotten unlucky and had a group of loud, profane, drunks sharing the resort with us.

If you do decide to take your kids though, make sure you bring whatever things you need to entertain them with you. (pool toys, floats, sand toys, etc.)

Nachi Cocum had absolutely nothing there except loungers next to the pool and under the palapas on the beach.

Bill

And left... They (8 & 10) like to snorkel and there was none there. No other kids to play with. So we ended up at Mr. Sanchos! Love that place.

They has snorkleing and parasailing available Tuesday.

I talked them into taking me out snorkleing by myself as none of the other 5 people wanted to go out. (I tipped them both well for taking me out solo)

They had jets skis and sailboards right behind the building with the bathrooms.

Bill

Thanks for the feedback. I'm thinking at this point that we'll save the Nachi day for when we're by ourselves without kids.

I'm currently leaning toward Playa Palancar for our beach day with the kids. It sounds like this place is also less crowded, and also has a snorkeling option via boats from the beach. Anyone care to comment on this as an option for a less crowded beach with kids in tow?

Thanks!

Thanks for the feedback. I'm thinking at this point that we'll save the Nachi day for when we're by ourselves without kids.

I'm currently leaning toward Playa Palancar for our beach day with the kids. It sounds like this place is also less crowded, and also has a snorkeling option via boats from the beach. Anyone care to comment on this as an option for a less crowded beach with kids in tow?

Thanks!

For off the beach snorkelling, nothing like it- for all ages.

Can you get massages at Nachi? That would be a deal breaker/deal maker for our group!

We were just there this past Friday (09/14) and there was a massage tent set up. If I recall it was $45 for half hour and $65 for a full hour.

Just a quick comment on Bill's earlier review...."I could not agree more on just how great this place is" This was without a doubt, the best day of the entire cruise. The service could not have been any better and the food was simply fantastic. There were about 25 people there, including our 8. All were adult and we all shared the hot tubs and pool bar and it could not have been any better. The only caution that I would raise to those thinking of bringing children would be (as stated earlier) that there is nothing there gearded towards them and they might get board...just my opinion. This place was fantastic!!!

Can a person walk up to Nachi and pay an admission fee that day? Or is this something you'd have to book ahead of time? (If so, where do you book?)

I've seen a very few reports of people just walking up and paying a small admission fee and then paying for their food and drinks as they ordered them.

99% of the people who report back from Nachi Cocum have booked it online through Island Marketing for $49 per person.

Like I said, the facilities and the guarantee of 100 people or less, to us was worth the $49 fee.

The all you can eat or drink was merely a bonus.:D

Bill

There were no kids the day we were there last week but I have read about people bringing their kids.....personally it would not have bothered me one bit as I was in heaven there...:D

However---beware if you bring your children because there were 2 ladies there sunbathing topless:eek: .

Tracey

Archived