Ritz:Shopping: Lunch

newcomel

My husband & I will be in St. Thomas in Sept on the AOS. I'd love to visit the Ritz, shop and have nice lunch.

Can I do all of this in 8 hours?

Any good lunch and shopping spots?

Do I NEED to pay the $20 pp entrance fee to the Ritz or just sneak in?

Thanks!

Lyn

St thomas is a premier shopping stop!!!! There is a large shopping mall right at the cruise ship dock; or you can taxi into the town of Charlotte Amalie for much of the same shopping and restaurants galore.

The Ritz will not charge you anything to look around, or to use their beach but they may want to charge you to use their faclities.(vhairs, pool etc)

The Ritz is about a 25-30 minute taxi ride each way so I think it would be hard to do decent shopping plus the beach. There are several outdoor restaurants at the Ritz which are fairly good but very pricy- $3.50 for a soda, $15 for hamburger. The grounds are gorgeous however. The beach is public but there are signs stating the chairs and towels are for guests only. Also, if you want to use the watersports equipment you need to give your name and room number.

Archived