RCL Wheelchair off ship?

dsp

Wife is quadriplegic in powerchair. Unable to tender. Anyone able to use ships manual chairs to get to the shore to get beach wheelchair in tendered ports. Already bringing showerchair, and bed incline, can't take much more won't fit in van. Upcoming cruises RCL, Mariner, Liberty and Seranade. Thanks.

Take your own folding manual chair. The ship's chairs are crappy heavy duty "hospital" chairs, and unlikely to meet her needs (often do not have swing away foot rests or removable armrests, for example), and they are heavy. On most ships you cannot take them ashore, which is where you will need to manual chair. Power chairs and ports don't mix well.

Few ports other than private islands have beach chairs.

Do you have a travel shower/commode chair? They take very little room when completed folded and stowed.

Have shower chair but not pratical for other uses. You have confirmed what I thought already. Just don't have anymore room for extra chair. Maybe I will rent one to be delivered to ship for cruise. Just want to go to beach at least once other than Disney. Vacations are work for me although cruises are less work.

Archived