felony chargesboarding ship

blondblueeyes

If someone has a felony ( not a bad guy, just a stupid thing they did) can they still board the ship in L.A cuise the mexican rivera get off at the ports & get back on with no problems?

I'm hoping all they would need to show in L.A would be their birth certificate & their pict i.d. after that it would just be there ncl card.

Please answer quickly thanks

Felony what? Conviction? Warrant?

Leaving the state would almost certainly be a violation of parole. I'm sure a cruise, even into Mexican territorial waters and even without debarking at ports, would be a parole violation.

I'd recommend the person consult their parole officer and attorney.

If someone has a felony ( not a bad guy, just a stupid thing they did) can they still board the ship in L.A cuise the mexican rivera get off at the ports & get back on with no problems?

I'm hoping all they would need to show in L.A would be their birth certificate & their pict i.d. after that it would just be there ncl card.

Please answer quickly thanks

as long as they are not on parole or probation there is no problem. I have traveled with someone On the Vision of the seas to Mexico who has a felony conviction, this person a friend of mine has been off probation for over 20 years. He never served any jail time so he never was on parole. he had no problem getting on the ship, or off in any ports.

If they are on probation or parole they must go through their probation or parole officer to get everything ok.Once they get ok (sometimes by the Judge depending on the individual officer) then they must carry the permission letter to leavethe state and this must be with them at all times just in case they may get stop by any authority officer from another state or country. I have travel several times with my son with a felony probation with no problem. Each state is different.

I agree with the others re there not being a problem unless you're currently on parole or probation. Otherwise there shouldn't be a problem with a cruise to Mexico.

However, if you ever go to Canada, I've heard there can be a problem with their immigration. If you decide at some point to do an Alaskan cruise, I'd check with the Canadian authorities first.

Archived