Formal Night on RCL w/ 20 mo. old

Winesnob

well, at that age it is really up to you. I personally love this age though because they are still young enough to dress up and I am going to take that opportunity. My DS will be 18 months on our cruise and I actually plan on getting him a little tux b/c I think he will be adorable and I want to get a picture of him and his daddy all spiffy. I think no matter what you deside your son will look cute. Have a great cruise.

My suggestion is to dress him in a babysitter! :D

Okay, if you are not keen to that.... Anything "cute" would work. A polo shirt and some pants would be great. He's a baby - not much needs to happen...right?

I still say "dress him in a babysitter" tho :D

SAS you're funny. :D

I liked taking my babies to formal night. It's the best time to get great family pictures. :)

You can dress him as formal as you want. I've seen some really cute babies in little sailor suits. You can get them at ebay pretty cheap.

Unless my little guy gets some really good naps during the day (think 5 hours total), and he never naps a lot on the ship, he is headed straight into meltdown mode by no later than 6:30 p.m.!!! He never sleeps more than 2 hours at daycare and, as a result, DH and I usually put him down for a quick nap when we get home.

I thought about trying to arrange getting my baby and my other baby (husband) ready for early seating formal pictures, and decided that that was entirely too much work. Not to mention would cut right into DS's personal dinner time....and we all know a hungry baby just isn't going to be ready to smile for the camera!!! I thought maybe i could just feed him in line, while waiting for the pictures to be taken... Then visions of flung food and a carrot smeared face/smile entered my head, and I realized that I was setting myself up for more potential stress than it was worth!

So we haven't got any formal pictures....

But I still maintain that babies are just plain cute... If you brought him to the dining room in his foot pajama's people would fawn all over him just as much as if he was in a tux!

Babies are the exception to the "no jeans in the dining room" rule!

I'm another one that dresses my son up. He was 25 months on our last cruise and I got him a black velvet blazer, grey slacks with a shirt and tie and he was absolutely adorable. Having everyone, including kids, dressed up makes for great professional photos for family and friends. One of the photos is in my siggy.

Awww that's a shame! You'll get them soon. He'll be through that stage and he'll enjoy the excitement of the dining room. :)

Heyyyy now!!!! Slow down sista! :D

Formal pics I can see....

Dining with a toddler in the dining room on a cruise ship??? Not for a while!!!

I already get completely worn out continuosly saying "No, dont eat the kitty cats food! that's the kitty's food, not yours!"

First I would want to feel confident that they could behave and not make a spectacle of themselves! Then I would give them the choice of A.O. or dinner with us. I have a feeling that we will be tossed over for A.O. in a heartbeat! :D

Im just more of the mind that I dont want my child to have to suffer their way thru a fancy-schmancy boring adult dinner if he would rather be wearing himself out in A.O..... when a child is restless and bored, the child suffers, the parents suffer and anyone in ear-shot could also suffer...!

Archived