Cruises in November--are they cold?

kiffrig

Okay, so I have booked a cruise for November 2008. Although it will be cruise #6 for me, I have never cruised at that time of year (always spring/summer). We are stopping in Key West, Grand Cayman, and Ocho Rios.

Has anyone been to those places in the November timeframe, before? I was talking with someone recently who cruised in Feb and said it was actually COLD at all their stops and they didn't get to enjoy warm weather really at all.....it made me start worrying about our upcoming November cruise for next year.

Can someone who has cruised in November put my mind at ease? Or will it not be warm enough for us to enjoy the "Caribbean" weather at this time of year?

Thanks for any advice you have to offer!

We cruised the Western Carib itinerary last Dec. It was in the 70s in Freeport and I got cold on the beach when the sun went behind the clouds. Grand Cayman and Costa Maya (sigh...I so wish it hadn't been destroyed) were both VERY warm...high 80's but the humidity wasn't high, so it was perfect IMO.

I would think you'd be fine in Novemer. Don't worry about it, the Caribbean is warm all of the time (well...usually :))

I have cruised in November in the Caribbean and December in the Mex Riviera. Both were great weather cruises. We have unusually warm weather here in So Cal all the time so we are lucky that way and I would say the same for Miami. This is a wonderful time to cruise and feel that you and your family will have a wonderful time. We love this time so much we are going on another one the week before Thanksgiving.

I have cruised at the end of Nov to the biginning of Dec and the weather was pretty good!

In Tampa pre and post cruise I found it quite chilly but I got a sunburn on our last day at sea. Each of our POC's were warm/hot!!!!! But not so hot we had to worry about heat stroke.

Thanks gang! I appreciate the info/feedback! I am hopeful it is not cold, as we are sailing the weekend after Thanksgiving next year. I don't expect miracles or anything, but I would love for it to be relatively warm/enjoyable weather. You all have done a good job of setting me at ease.

Thanks again to everyone who responded!

Okay, so I have booked a cruise for November 2008. Although it will be cruise #6 for me, I have never cruised at that time of year (always spring/summer). We are stopping in Key West, Grand Cayman, and Ocho Rios.

Has anyone been to those places in the November timeframe, before? I was talking with someone recently who cruised in Feb and said it was actually COLD at all their stops and they didn't get to enjoy warm weather really at all.....it made me start worrying about our upcoming November cruise for next year.

Can someone who has cruised in November put my mind at ease? Or will it not be warm enough for us to enjoy the "Caribbean" weather at this time of year?

Thanks for any advice you have to offer!

Thanks to the OP for posting this question. I was wondering the same thing!!! Thanks for all of the responses as well :) .

We cruised the last week of November (first week of December) this past year. It was warm enough to swim in the ocean and on the pool deck. But when we got back to Florida, they were going through a cold snap and it was 50 degrees. So we had to throw winter coats on to disembark the ship.

Now, in February when we cruised, I agree it was alot colder. It was cold pre-cruise...we had to wear long pants and jackets in Florida. The pools on deck were cold until we got to the carribean. Then it was WARM - 78-82 degrees.

Both cruises we have been on have been in November-Thanksgiving week and we have another one scheduled this year.

Weather has always been great, day one at sea is always a little cool and breezy but that does not keep anyone from hanging out on the Lido. The rest of the days are in the 80's, perfect for a day at the beach or for some snorkeling. DD has always been able to use the pool and slides.

Archived