Questions about the Pride of Aloha ship

cheddarcat

We are booked on the Nov 21 2007 sailing and I was wondering if they have alarm clocks and hair dryers in the rooms. We are in an inside cabin, Category J. Is it still recommended to bring along power bars? Usually there isn't too many electrical outlets in the cabins and I don't want to have to keep resetting an alarm clock everyday after using the blowdryer.

One more question. Does anyone know how late you can board the ship on the 21st? I have been looking at flight times and because we have booked through Norwegion we will not know our flights until 30 days before sailing. The arrivals into Honolulu with a departure from Calgary, Alberta on numerous flights doesn't arrive until late evening. I realize flight times can change when you're searching the internet travel discount sites but I was curious on how late they allow you to board.

No alarm clocks on the POA, but there are hairdryers. I never used one, but those in my party who did said they weren't very good and used their own.

Power strips are the best suggestion I ever got. Since there are so many electrical devices these days including hairdryers, cell chargers, etc. and usually only one plug in the cabin!

I believe that you have to be on board one hour prior to sailing.

Pack the alarm and if you have thick or long hair, bring your own blow dryer.

As to the flight, I would VERY STRONGLY suggest you fly in the night before!!!! Most flights arrive too late, and the others are cutting to close. All it would take is a little delay, to make you miss the ship.

Thank you both for the quick replies. I will bring everything with me then.

Our flights are booked through Norwegion and from what I understand now after booking, is the cruise line won't be paying for the most " convenient" flights. It appears that most of the flights in and out of Honolulu to Calgary are very late in the evening with us arriving back into Calgary on Dec 2 anywhere from late morning to early evening!!!!! It was a very good deal for the cruise and the flight so we jumped on it immediately without considering flight schedules.

• Administrators
Thank you both for the quick replies. I will bring everything with me then.

Our flights are booked through Norwegion and from what I understand now after booking, is the cruise line won't be paying for the most " convenient" flights. It appears that most of the flights in and out of Honolulu to Calgary are very late in the evening with us arriving back into Calgary on Dec 2 anywhere from late morning to early evening!!!!! It was a very good deal for the cruise and the flight so we jumped on it immediately without considering flight schedules.

Return flights from Honolulu to the mainland frequently are "red eyes" -- it's a function of the time change plus the length of the flight. Most HNL departures are afternoon ones, as they turn around the equipment that left the mainland airports on morning flights, and arrived in HNL early afternoon. The time change works in your favor going to HNL, but against you coming home.

We are booked on the Nov 21 2007 sailing and I was wondering if they have alarm clocks and hair dryers in the rooms. We are in an inside cabin, Category J. Is it still recommended to bring along power bars? Usually there isn't too many electrical outlets in the cabins and I don't want to have to keep resetting an alarm clock everyday after using the blowdryer.

One more question. Does anyone know how late you can board the ship on the 21st? I have been looking at flight times and because we have booked through Norwegion we will not know our flights until 30 days before sailing. The arrivals into Honolulu with a departure from Calgary, Alberta on numerous flights doesn't arrive until late evening. I realize flight times can change when you're searching the internet travel discount sites but I was curious on how late they allow you to board.

Cheddarcat, we just sailed her and got off last week and there were no alarm clocks in the room. I went to Walmart and got a battery operated clock that worked great plus I didn't have to worry about plugging it in. The hair dryers aren't real powerful but since I have short hair it did the trick. Now if you have long hair bring your own. Definitely bring a power strip there's only one plug and it's in the bedroom area not the bathroom.

You can board the ship up to an hour before it sails but the muster drill is at 5:30 and if you miss it you have to make it up the next day and that was at 11:00, I sure didn't want to miss Kauai so we were definitely on board in time.

Have a great time.

Archived