Oh, come on I don't want to ruin my POH trip (Oct 1st)

ZOO

I booked stateroom A3 (me, my wife, and boy) and my friend and his wife booked a mini suite. Because my friend did not know if their kid would get a visa to enter US (BTW, they need visa to enter US, and my friend and his wife have one but not their boy), they did not book the cruise for their kid. Today, when my friend's kid passed immigration interview, we called NCL immediately to try to add his kids. But NCL told the ship is fully booked, and neither A3 nor Mini Suite could add any more people....

My godness, my friend's wife is so angry about the situation, and they want to cancel the whole trip even if they will pay the large cancelation fee...come on.....if they not going,,,,,We will not enjoy our holidays.....come on......

bad , bad...

Any suggestions???

• Administrators
I booked stateroom A3 (me, my wife, and boy) and my friend and his wife booked a mini suite. Because my friend did not know if their kid would get a visa to enter US (BTW, they need visa to enter US, and my friend and his wife have one but not their boy), they did not book the cruise for their kid. Today, when my friend's kid passed immigration interview, we called NCL immediately to try to add his kids. But NCL told the ship is fully booked, and neither A3 nor Mini Suite could add any more people....

My godness, my friend's wife is so angry about the situation, and they want to cancel the whole trip even if they will pay the large cancelation fee...come on.....if they not going,,,,,We will not enjoy our holidays.....come on......

bad , bad...

Any suggestions???

Whether a ship is "fully booked" depends in part on Coast Guard regulations for souls on board. It could well be that even if there in theory was "room" for another in one of your two cabins, there are enough people (triples and quads) elsewhere on board that there isn't room in the lifeboats, per CG regs. A very unfortunate situation. You have a little time between now and Oct 1 -- it could be that if there are cancellations, your friends' child would be given the okay to sail. I wouldn't count on that, though.

I confess I'm sort of confused as to why your friends wouldn't have reversed their planning, by the way -- either researched on the front end to figure out if the child needed a visa, or even without a definitive answer to that question, gone ahead booked the child assuming he could sail, even though that could have meant penalties if he couldn't. Anyway, I'm probably just confused on the facts; I'm sorry for the situation and your upset. :(

Well I know 2nd guessing is meaningless, but even if they did not reverse the process as suggested by the poster above, they should have at least asked whether it would be possible in the event their child did get his visa. I think there is too much water over the dam now to do much repair damage, particularly with the sailing date not that far away :(

Thanks above three people who replying my thread.

I have resolved issue by calling NCL again asking for a help their supervisor saying my friend would like to cancel the trip if their kid could not be added. They must have some buffer..

Archived