Sunset Beach - Price Change?

liberty5

That's a lot in my opinion. BUT, it's still cheaper than going with a ship tour to Rose Hall Beach resort. (or whatever it's called) I think they are $89 each. In my opinion that is too much. But we dont drink. If you plan on drinking alot and eating a lot then it will be worth it. I hate to hear they went up. We were planning on taking the kids there next summer. We went by ourselves this time since it was our 20th anniversary.

That's why we are choosing Dr. Cave. Only $5 pp to get in and that includes your chairs/umbrellas. I never eat when we are out on the islands, so to spend that kind of money is not smart for us. There was a nice little article in Caribbean travel & Life this month about Dr Cave's. Said it is a nice place and the restaurant is good. Hubby is so looking forward to the Jerk Calamari!!! I am not a Jamaica fan at all, so am hoping Dr. Cave will work for me and that I will enjoy the day there.

I spoke with the resprt last week and they told me with valid cruise passenger ID that the rate is still 40.00pp adults and children... I have never been there ...is it worth it??

Spasm, My family went last year during our cruise in October and absolutely LOVED IT!!! We are going again this October and cannot wait. It is great if you have kids because of the water park. If you are without kids, then there is plenty to do as well with the beach and all of the bars. The food is excellent and the drinks are not weak. I would strongly suggest it.

Have a great day.

We dont even drink, but it was worth $40 each to go and spend the day at the beach. We ate quite a bit also. It's also worth the price for the safety we felt while there. There are a few polite vendors that are set up there. They didnt hastle you. If you you went over to their booth they did ask how many you want!!! LOL I dont think they understand the point of "window shopping"....

I had gotten a price quote via email from SS Resort last month for our visit in November. I emailed them again today to double check & the rates are still $40 for adults & $20 for children.

We did the Catamaran & Snorkel excursion two years ago & enjoyed it. This time, we will have a party of 13 so SS Beach Resort seems to be right up our alley. I will post a review when we get back!

Ditto the same price here from SSB....no worries mon!

Hi Kelly,

Thanks for your interest in our property. The cost for the day pass for cruise shipe passenger is correct USD 40.00 per adult and USD 20.00 per child. The construction is not yet complete however that does not affect our day pass users the water park is open the bar and the restaurant as well.

Looking forward to having you.

Warm regards,

Karen

YIPPPPPPEEEEE!!

Hi Dawn,

Effective the 1st November 2007 our Day Pass rates will be back to US$60.00 per adult and US$40.00 per child.

Please let me know your decision as quickly as possible.

Best regards,

Olivene Lloyd-Scarlett

Sales & Marketing Co-ordinator

Sunset Beach Resort & Spa

Montego Bay, Jamaica

Tel: 876 979 8800 ext. 7

Fax: 876 953 6744

Email: oscarlett@sunsetmobay.com

SUNSET RESORTS...ALWAYS FOR EVERYONE...UNIQUELY JAMAICAN!

Hi Dawn,

Effective the 1st November 2007 our Day Pass rates will be back to US$60.00 per adult and US$40.00 per child.

Best regards,

Olivene Lloyd-Scarlett

Montego Bay, Jamaica

I wonder which price is correct? Here is the email they sent me:

Hi Dawn,

Best regards,

Olivene Lloyd-Scarlett

Montego Bay, Jamaica

Well, I just double checked yesterday & stated my arrival date (Nov 23) & they are still saying $20/$40.

My question is, why is SSB saying "let us know as soon as possible"? Reservations are not required so they don't need a confirmation of whether or not a cruise passenger is visiting. I am confused :confused:

Are you sure you weren't asking for something in addition to the regular admission that you are needing to make a reservation?

Well, since I have email confirmation of the price for my given day, I will be sure to take it with me on my visit. There really is nothing we can do if the price goes up. Maybe someone will let us know once November comes!

They hold me that November gets busy and they may not offer day passes if the hotel is booked to a particular capacity. They also said that the only way you can be guaranteed to get a day pass is to book in advance (if you have a group of 10 or more). We will be there on November 20th and they say that spacing is getting very limited.

I am waiting for a manager to call me back since I keep getting different information. Good Luck!

They hold me that November gets busy and they may not offer day passes if the hotel is booked to a particular capacity. They also said that the only way you can be guaranteed to get a day pass is to book in advance (if you have a group of 10 or more). We will be there on November 20th and they say that spacing is getting very limited.

I am waiting for a manager to call me back since I keep getting different information. Good Luck!

Very interesting. I keep getting the same, consistent information from whomever is answering the emails. They never mentioned anything about needing to make a reservation. Are you going to put $$ down ahead of time? Nobody on these boards has ever mentioned having to reserve a spot at SSB. What you are saying is not consistent with other posts. I'm not saying you are incorrect, but the inconsistency is certainly strange.

Do indeed keep us posted if you hear anything back. Since I have my info in writing for our travel dates, I will beg & plead with them to honor our rates & admission. If they are a decent operation, they will allow us entrance. We are traveling over Thanksgiving, so it certainly will be one of their busier weeks.

If they don't let us in, I will have a plan B, just in case!

Ok, not to completely beat a dead horse, but I just called & spoke to Marion Cambell (in addition to emails from Duane & Karen) & re-confirmed the rates of $20 per child & $40 per adult for a day pass for CRUISE SHIP PASSENGERS in November. Marion said the $40/$60 was NOT the rate for CRUISE SHIP PASSENGERS.

Is it possible that Olivene is not clear that you will be a cruise ship passenger? This seems to be indicative of the rate.

So, now I have 3 different people from Sunset Beach Resort, MoBay confirming the $20/$40 price. Also, they said it would be extremely rare for them not to be allowing cruise ship passengers to enter their resort for the day.

You might want to clarify with Olivene that you are a cruise ship passenger & see if that makes a difference.

We have a party of 13, so the extra $20 per person would certainly be a deterrant from going to the resort. However, having confirmation from 3 different people, I feel that maybe the person to whom you've been speaking to is not giving you accurate information. Tell her to go speak to Marion Cambell! Keep us posted on what you find out! :)

I just spoke to several people at Sunset today. The cruise ship rate is still $40/$20. The problem was that if you want to book a group in advance you have to go through sales and marketing, not the typical day pass person. They sales and marketing person said she didn't realize we were cruise ship passengers.

They are still telling us that they can get busy enough that they may not offer day passes on any particular day, depending on how many people they have booked at the hotel. This is a daily decision so you may want to have a backup plan if you don't book in advance.

It's not worth an extra $20 pp to book in advance. (there are 13 of us) The people we've spoken to said it would be extremely rare for them to be so booked to not allow cruise passengers in. I have never seen a mention of this happening on the Cruise Critic boards, even during peak vacation times.

However, unexpected events can happen that could alter any planned excursion, so it is always a good idea to have a back up plan just in case. We would probably just head to Doctor Cave Beach.

I will check back a week before our sailing. They should have a good idea of whether they will be booked to capacity or not.

Thanks for reporting back. When are you going? We will be there Nov 21. :D :D :D

Spasm, My family went last year during our cruise in October and absolutely LOVED IT!!! We are going again this October and cannot wait. It is great if you have kids because of the water park. If you are without kids, then there is plenty to do as well with the beach and all of the bars. The food is excellent and the drinks are not weak. I would strongly suggest it.

Have a great day.

Water Park??? What is this

I think the confusion between the 40 pp and 60 pp may be that some of you are going to the one in Ocho Rios which my email also say 40 pp and the one in Montego Bay if I remember right is the one that just got renovated. Maybe that's why the price increase in Montego Bay.

They do not charge an extra $20 to book in advance, however, I think you can only book in advance if you have a group of 10 or more.

After several phone calls, I found out that they did not realize we were cruise ship passengers (it must have been missed in my email). The rate for cruise ship passengers is still $40/$20.

Archived