Buying Cigarettes

coveman

They package five cartons (at a very good price) with an allowance of one carton per person. Has anyone ever bought the five carton pack and had them confiscated? I've carried them off the ship and through customs at different airports and never been stopped or questioned. They may as well change it since they don't seem to enforce it.............

They package five cartons (at a very good price) with an allowance of one carton per person. Has anyone ever bought the five carton pack and had them confiscated? I've carried them off the ship and through customs at different airports and never been stopped or questioned. They may as well change it since they don't seem to enforce it.............

I have bought the 5carton deal from the ships store and walked right off and through customs without any problems also.

Michele

we're only allowed 200 back to the uk and I normally always end up with about 1000 in my case :eek: last year was a panic though as our flight got in the same time as one from nigeria and there were police, customs and sniffer dogs everywhere - that was a panic :D :eek:

For U.S. you can bring back 5 cartons per person as long as they are purchased in U.S. island -- i.e., St. Thomas. If non-U.S. island, like St. Martin, you can bring back one carton per person. I usually carry the receipt from St. Thomas in my purse through customs, just in case, but usually there's no problem.

So for those of us in the U.S. and going to Georgetown Grand Cayman and Ocho Rios Jamaica, how many cartons can we bring back without getting in trouble?

We've always bought in St. Thomas so this would be a first from these other islands. Which island of the 2 would have the best deals on the cigs?

Thanks...

Sue

So for those of us in the U.S. and going to Georgetown Grand Cayman and Ocho Rios Jamaica, how many cartons can we bring back without getting in trouble?

We've always bought in St. Thomas so this would be a first from these other islands. Which island of the 2 would have the best deals on the cigs?

Thanks...

Sue

One carton per person and the best deal is on the ship.

I HAVE put one carton in each "adult" luggage. So if the inlaws are there, they are coming home with a carton too....lol. Then the last carton I break down and put a few packs here and there in the checked baggage.

But the law is, one carton per person....the 5 carton pack does NOT count as one.

in the islands? I pay 3.75 per pack and i think 32 for a carton - are they less expense anywhere else?

Thanks -

Kathy

On the ship they are approx $17/carton. Maybe $17.99. So that breaks down to $1.70/pack.

Here in PA, the packs are $4.40 (cartons $44)...so you better believe we buy them on the ship.

I have seen that on island, there is a possiblity of them not being "Class A" cigs

Archived