What's the best way to get from Venice port to airport?

Hi,

We'll be docking at 5:30am in Venice. Our flight out of VCE is at 10:30am. What is the best way to get from the dock to the airport? Should we carry our luggage off the ship ourselves?

Thanks!

You can take a land taxi from the pier to the airport. My flight also left at 10:30 am and we got there in plenty of time. We used the bus transportation that we purchased from the cruiseline and did not carry off our luggage.

I don't mean to be rude but this question must get asked at least once a day on this forum - you could do a search or simply just scroll back a few pages and I am sure you will find your answer.

The quick answer though is to take a metered taxi from the taxi rank outside the port. Check with driver but cost should only be around €30.

There is a signposted rank outside by the road.

Do NOT take cab from drivers touting at the exit from the terminal building as they are not licensed and will charge 2 or 3 times that of licensed cabs.

While I myself have posted a similar question on these boards I don't think it is fair to criticize someone for a repeat question. There is always new cruise critic members who are looking for answers or able to provide answers. If you are bored by the subject then simply don't review the thread. There is no such thing as too much info!

What is there to do in Venice?

just kidding. ;)

I'm glad to know there are direct roads from the airport to the port. I didn't want to lug my suitcases all over gondolas and narrow bridges to get to the ship.

Although, I've heard it's beautiful to take a water taxi from the airport to the port. Is it worth it? Does it go directly to the port or will we still need to get a cab?

Archived