Cruise/social staff on smaller ships

mmyorkston

On the Pacific Princess the cruise staff is comprised of the singers and dancers from the shows. The lead singers & the CD and ACD only do those jobs though Sammy the CD on the PP did fill in one night in the show for the ailing lead singer.

On the Pacific Princess the cruise staff is comprised of the singers and dancers from the shows. The lead singers & the CD and ACD only do those jobs though Sammy the CD on the PP did fill in one night in the show for the ailing lead singer.
I might add that Sammy has our vote for the best Cruise Director we have encountered on Princess, also on the Pacific Princess II.

She is musically talented, having sung professionally, well educated, and has done whale research (don't miss her talk, if she gives it). She's got a great personality and we got to know her on our Tahiti - Hawaii cruise as someone who picks great talent for the shows and cares sincerely about her cruise staff.

The dancers and singers also play other roles on the ship - including having pictures taken with you during the cruise. Don't look for them as waiters, though.

AHHHHH!--The "OLD" Royal--What a beautiful, wonderful, small, friendly ship!! Sure wish we could find a replacement!! Loved that ship!;)

Don't we all. When it's said and done I think that is the ship everyone will say I wish I'd been on her more than I have.

We have run into some of the same CDs on the smaller ships that we had on the larger ships. The dance troups will be smaller (smaller stage). I have heard the smaller ships are the tryouts for the larger ships and larger production shows. We would think that may be true because some of the more "wanting" singers we have come across were on the smaller ships.

Archived