Crusing with an 9 month on on Fascination 10-1-07

lilbabyjayjay

Hi:

My daughter was a little bit older when we cruised with her (19 months) what I wish I had brought was a DVD player with a few new movies to distract her when we were eating dinner, or changing in our cabin.

I kept the same routine on the ship wake up the same time every day, nap time, go to bed at a decent hour. The first 2 days more difficult the rest of the trip was fun. I brought a lot of new toys for her, playdough, books (especially the ones that they can snap and open things) finger puppets, small bottle lotion (watch baby carefully) she loved to open and close it when she was your baby's age. A light weight stroller with cover is easir to manuver around the ship and in port.

I packed light for me, we traveled many times and I plan carefully what I take and use things twice. For the baby I packed her clothes in ziplock bags complete outfits I know it is a little extreme, but it was easy to unpack the suitcase and just pull out an oufit when needed. When the outfit was soiled I also used the same ziplock bag to put the dirt outfit in and back in the suitcase it went. I also carried a backpack around the ship with disposable bib, spoon, wipes, a toy, camera, to walk around. I also took this bag to dinner everynight and put under the table, when baby was fussy I would pull a magical toy from the bag to distract her (a dvd player with be handy). We didn't bring a night light we just left the bathroom light and that worked out fine, we warmed her milk in the bathroom sink. If your baby is drinking formula bring your own bottle water from home and prepare her bottle a few minutes before going to bed leave in the bathroom sink and it will be warm enough for her to drink. I also used the bathroom towel as a crib bumper. When traveling with little ones think of everything that will free your hands, backpack instead of a shoulder bag, sling to carry her, disposable spoons, bibs and placemats. Overall bring a lot of energy, love and lots of smile.

Hope this helps!

Neya

We just sailed on the Elation with our 11-month old. We wished we brought her pack n' play...she didn't adjust to the crib, and didn't sleep well (we ended up bringing her into our bed half-way through the night, which we don't typically do). We're sailing on Princess in December and are planning to cart the pack n' play with us.

My main concern was how she would fare in the dining room...and she was a trooper. The one thing we did was feed her in "courses" (she still will only eat baby food, so it might be different for you). She would eat her veggies, and play a bit while I ate my appetizer. Then she'd get her cereal, and would play while I ate my main course. It worked out great. What she didn't like was the entertainment in the dining room...it was too loud for her. Once we realized, we made sure to finish up before it began.

Archived