Good airfare from Minneapolis (and other cities?) to Anchorage

fti

Not sure if this will help anyone but I noticed today that fares from Minneapolis to Anchorage with Sun Country and Frontier is down to $433 round trip including all taxes. I also checked Chicago and the price is similar. This fare is valid through the end of their schedule, i.e. mid August.

It might or might not help you since I didn't check what happens to the fare if you fly into Anchorage and out of Seattle or Vancouver (or v.v.). But if you are looking for airfares for next summer, you might want to check some websites to see if any good fares are available.

John

I started looking last night, so this helps - thanks!

Have you flown either of these airlines?

I have flown both. Sun Country is OK. Frontier - I would take them hands down over any other major US airline if they flew where I generally fly. They are based in Denver.

I also just saw a post about a fare with Delta from Detroit and maybe Minneapolis though that fare might or might not be available yet (or might not be available anymore - these fares come and go so quickly).

John

John - Are you cruising next year or just staying on land?

At this point just planning on two land trips - May to Anchorage, Homer, Seward and Cordova and July to Juneau, Glacier Bay, Wrangell and Anan Creek. But I wasn't planning on a cruise this year either until a deal came along :D I am taking quite a few small boat trips on those land trips though - Kenai Fjords trip in Seward in May, then in July Glacier Bay day cruise, Tracy Arm and whale watch in Juneau, boat trip from Wrangell to Anan Creek (hopefully once there, then 2 days later returning but it depends on whether I can book the Anan Bay cabin for the dates I need).

I see you have done LOTS of cruising!

Archived