Legend-balcony guarantee?

shashy

Hi,

I am new to boards. I enjoy reading all the info. Hubby and I are booking the Legend cruise for 3/2/08. We have been on two cruises before-ten years ago on RC for honeymoon-OV cabin and Celebrity-OV cabin. We originally were going to book an OV cabin but then I decided that a balcony would be so much nicer! -It is our tenth anniversary celebration so I thought we deserve a balcony! At first we were going to go with just a balcony guarantee on the main deck because it wasn't that much more expensive than on OV cabin but we spoke to our TA and at this point we are booking for an un-obstructed extended balcony on Veranda. Should we just book a balcony guarantee and hope for an upgrade? Does that really happen?

Our original choices were Freedom, Valor, Triumph or Legend. We chose Legend for the tampa port and Western ports. I hope we will be happy with Legend!!!

Thanks!

Upgrades happen....but you should never count on one. As with any guar. cabin, you should be happy with any balcony or [possible, but not likely] higher category cabin. If you really want the entended/unobstructed balcony, book that. It's possible you'd get that with a guar. cabin. More likely that you wouldn't, tho.

If you book at least an 8A guar you should get no obstruction. I always book the cabin I want because I prefer midship and dont like the odds of getting the worst cabin in that class (which someone has to get) but I always stay low (I cant justify the extra money to go up a couple decks) but you will love the Legend. My favorite ship so far.

Yes Upgrades happen! I can finally atest to that. We're hopping on the Legend in late Oct and it's our third Carnival cruise. We've never really cared what the cabin was like, we don't do anything but sleep in it, so as long as the bed is good, we're good. But, to make a long story longer, we booked an interior cabin on the Verandah deck, only to have our TA call last week and tell us that Carnival had upgraded us!:) We've been assigned an unobstructed balcony on Verandah. I don't know how it came about, but I'm actually looking forward to watching the sunrise from the room instead of running to the bow.:D

Yes Upgrades happen! I can finally atest to that. We're hopping on the Legend in late Oct and it's our third Carnival cruise. We've never really cared what the cabin was like, we don't do anything but sleep in it, so as long as the bed is good, we're good. But, to make a long story longer, we booked an interior cabin on the Verandah deck, only to have our TA call last week and tell us that Carnival had upgraded us!:) We've been assigned an unobstructed balcony on Verandah. I don't know how it came about, but I'm actually looking forward to watching the sunrise from the room instead of running to the bow.:D

You may become a balcony snob..:D

Kelly

Hi,

I am new to boards. I enjoy reading all the info. Hubby and I are booking the Legend cruise for 3/2/08. We have been on two cruises before-ten years ago on RC for honeymoon-OV cabin and Celebrity-OV cabin. We originally were going to book an OV cabin but then I decided that a balcony would be so much nicer! -It is our tenth anniversary celebration so I thought we deserve a balcony! At first we were going to go with just a balcony guarantee on the main deck because it wasn't that much more expensive than on OV cabin but we spoke to our TA and at this point we are booking for an un-obstructed extended balcony on Veranda. Should we just book a balcony guarantee and hope for an upgrade? Does that really happen?

Our original choices were Freedom, Valor, Triumph or Legend. We chose Legend for the tampa port and Western ports. I hope we will be happy with Legend!!!

Thanks!

We just got off the Legend and had a 8G extended and absolutely loved it. It was my dh first balcony (I had a very small balcony on the AOS with a friend). I don't think he wants to stay with the inside guarantee we have booked on the Freedom next year! It's a great ship.

Hi,

Thanks!

The first balcony we booked was on the Miracle and we booked a guarantee. We ended up in a balcony cabin forward right over top of the spa. When we got our docs we were a bit nervous about any extra noise the spa might make. It was great, although I did feel a bit more motion in the cabin. Stay with the guarantee unless you know you want a lower deck, or midship.

As for the Legend, we haven't had a chance to be on the ship~~but the Spirit Class (Legend, Miracle, Spirit, Pride) ships are by far my favorite so far.

Enjoy your cruise...and your beautiful balcony!!

Payd:)

Thanks everyone for the helpful info! I think we will stick with what we have. We are so looking forward to our cruise without the kids!!! I got worried about the Legend being older -we sailed Celebrity Zenith in 2001 and it was old and moldy but from what I am reading on this site, the Legend is very nice.

• 1 month later...
Hi,

We booked on the Legend for Sept. 2008 and used our PVP, we booked a balcony guarantee room and were told that we would absolutley not be in an obstructed view room. Hope this helps

Thanks everyone for the helpful info! I think we will stick with what we have. We are so looking forward to our cruise without the kids!!! I got worried about the Legend being older -we sailed Celebrity Zenith in 2001 and it was old and moldy but from what I am reading on this site, the Legend is very nice.

There's no comparison betweem the Zenith and the Legend!...although the service on the Zenith was superb!! We've been on the Legend 3 times and are planning on Sept 7, 2008 on her again out of Tampa. The Legend was in great shape..it's definately not an old ship by any means! The crew was wonderful and food was good.

Archived