Where does my 2 year old sleep?

ccturner26

Most likely if he stays in his crib he will stay in the pack and play. Remembre mommy and daddy will be in the room which may make him stay put also with that security. My two year old actually stayed in one with the last cruise. The time before that they did not have a pack and play availlable and we took the mattress from the pullman and put it on the floor against the couch and used the vanity chair as a safeguard on the other side and he slept fine there also. Seriuosly he was so exhausted from all the running around that I think he would have slept anywhere.

You could always do a combo...

Put the mattress on the floor and turn the pack n play over and on top of it (and him!)!

Just to be nice, throw some cheerios under the whole ensemble...maybe he will let you sleep longer!!!

:D

lol now that is an image! I am adding to that...we currently have our 3 month old in a cradle in our bedroom. She is quite the light sleeper and will wake up if you turn the light on. Our solution...we have a hamper that fits perfectly over the sides giving her darkness when the light is on. Reminds me a little of those cage rides at the fair....

lol now that is an image! I am adding to that...we currently have our 3 month old in a cradle in our bedroom. She is quite the light sleeper and will wake up if you turn the light on. Our solution...we have a hamper that fits perfectly over the sides giving her darkness when the light is on. Reminds me a little of those cage rides at the fair....

You can always use blankets and hang them over the sides of the cradle. Especially at 3 months, they dont reach up and pull them down.

Carnival Sensation! You were just on it.

Well then that makes it easy for me to answer. If you have an inside or an Ocean View, the bed will look like this...this was December on Elation (an Ocean View on Riviera Deck). They put it on the floor...she still rolled off...lol.

IMG_0046.jpg

If you have a pull out couch (Cat 12, maybe Cat11 too), then the bed will look like this...this is U70 Penthouse on Sensation. The converted sofa is the bed you see closer to the balcony doors.

IMG_1189-1.jpg

Have you thought about getting a readybed? We are taking ours next time. We just got back from the QE2 and that had a pack and play. DS spent all his time trying to figure out how to climb out of it, even with his grobag on he managed it!

Thanks, cruisinmama. Those are cute, but there's no way DD would stay on it!

So when peoples' kids sleep in pack 'n plays on cruise ships, are people bringing the pack 'n play with them, or is it something the cruise line provides?

Most cruiselines provide pack n plays. I don't know if NCL does but I would suspect they do. How old is your daughter? My 3.5 year old is 36" and 27lbs, about the weight of your child...and I think she would be too long for a pack n play. But she is 3.5 and at this age she is too old for a pack n play. She just sees it as a challenge to scale the wall over and over again...lol. ;)

My DD is 2 yrs, 4 months. My DH is 6'4", so her size is coming from his side of the family! We did a weekend away last month and she did just fine in the pack 'n play - couldn't stretch out, but she sleeps curled up anyway. However at the rate she's growing, it could be out of the question come January!

We just got back from Liberty of the Seas with our 23-month-old and were wondering the same thing. At home, he sleeps in a crib converted to a toddler bed.

We stayed in two different hotels the two nights pre-cruise, and did the "couch turned backwards to face the wall" and he was perfectly fine with that.

We decided that would probably work on Liberty as well...well, we completely forgot to tell our room steward not to make up the couch, so when we got back from dinner it was already made up and pulled out. Honestly, he had no issues with it at all...although he did tend to curl up in the corner every night (I think the big 'bed' all to himself was intimidating!).

I agree with the posters who said your 2-year-old will probably so wiped out that he'll sleep anywhere!

Archived