Need help choosing the right ship

Fun Loving

I have a group of 10 females (ages 30-45) that want to go on a cruise next March (Spring Break time). We all are pretty active and like to have fun (water activities, dancing, games and partying). I have narrowed it down to the following ships (based on their itineraries) and would like some input. We have refined tastes, don't want to be around a ton of kids and would like the majority of cruisers to be 25-55.

1. Celibrity Millennium

2. Holland Westerdam

3. Norwegian Dawn

4. Grand Princess

5. RCCL Adventure of the Seas

6. RCCL Mariner of the Seas

7. RCCL Jewel of the Seas

8. Carnival Triumph

9. Celebrity Summit

Any advice or input you have about any of these is greatly appreciated. THANKS!

My previous recommendation for you was Adventure. It has the combination of a ton of activities and night life, but fewer kids because it sails out of San Juan (air fare is prohibitive).

Now, that you've added Celebrity Summit I would recommend that cruise as well. Much fewer kids onboard, more of an adult atmosphere. It will probably be a little bit more sedate than RCCL but Celebrity is considered to be a step up from RCCL.

I would definitely avoid any cruise out of Florida at that time as any 7 night cruise out of Florida in March (no matter the cruiseline) is going to be packed with kids.

You "narrowed it down" to 9 ships??? :D

Usually, the longer the cruise, less kids. I'd choose Celebrity or HAL.

Since you're cruising during the major party season, expect lots kids on any of the ships, particularly if the itinerary is 7 days or less.

Two recommendations..

1. Do tons and tons of research here on CC and read reviews of the ships during the time period you may be booking.

OR

2. Hook up with a brick and mortar travel agent who specializes in cruises to help with your decision making.

Good luck.

I would agree to go out of San Juan. We did one spring break out of Miami, and it was a zoo. Will never do spring break again. Have you looked at the Serenade out of San Juan? A little smaller than AOS, but a gorgeous ship. AOS would be nice also, but we love the itinerary that is offered by Serenade, lot of port time and great islands.

I would agree to go out of San Juan. We did one spring break out of Miami, and it was a zoo. Will never do spring break again. Have you looked at the Serenade out of San Juan? A little smaller than AOS, but a gorgeous ship. AOS would be nice also, but we love the itinerary that is offered by Serenade, lot of port time and great islands.

The group doesn't want more than 4 ports for a 7-day cruise. Thanks for your input.

Since you have a group of 10 younger females that have refined tastes & love partying how about Donald Trump's yacht?

If not, my vote would be RCL or Princess. I think the refined tastes eliminates Carnival. I'd similarly vote against Holland & Celebrity based on age bias. Personally I'm not big on the service on Princess anymore but it may be okay.

Have fun.

I have a group of 10 females (ages 30-45) that want to go on a cruise next March (Spring Break time). We all are pretty active and like to have fun (water activities, dancing, games and partying). I have narrowed it down to the following ships (based on their itineraries) and would like some input. We have refined tastes, don't want to be around a ton of kids and would like the majority of cruisers to be 25-55.

1. Celibrity Millennium

2. Holland Westerdam

3. Norwegian Dawn

4. Grand Princess

5. RCCL Adventure of the Seas

6. RCCL Mariner of the Seas

7. RCCL Jewel of the Seas

8. Carnival Triumph

9. Celebrity Summit

Any advice or input you have about any of these is greatly appreciated. THANKS!

I diden't like the Triumph. It was really starting to show its age

Since you have a group of 10 younger females that have refined tastes & love partying how about Donald Trump's yacht?

If not, my vote would be RCL or Princess. I think the refined tastes eliminates Carnival. I'd similarly vote against Holland & Celebrity based on age bias. Personally I'm not big on the service on Princess anymore but it may be okay.

Have fun.

You're a funny guy; I like the Trump idea:)

Archived