Plimouth Plantation Independent Tour

LisanRon

How expensive is the ship's tour? The problem I see is that Plimoth Plantation is an hour away from Boston (with no traffic problems), and I don't think that public transportation goes there. It would be best to have a car, because then you also drive to downtown Plymouth and see the attractions there (Mayflower II, museums, etc.). Admission itself is fairly pricey -- I believe $21 just for Plimoth Plantation.

Hope someone else can help more than I can! :-)

I believe the ships tour is around 92.00 a person. There is a place called Boston Tours that goes there it is 50.00 from them and is gone for 6 hours. The only problem is I have tried to call them twice and they have you leave a message that they do not return.

thanks!

I personally would do the ship's tour, especially if you are going Monday-Friday. I used to live in Marshfield, which is a couple towns north of Plymouth, and it could take me two hours to get to Boston (only 36 miles) if there were traffic problems. If the ship's tour bus is late getting you back to the port, the ship will wait for you.

I hope you enjoy Plimoth Plantation -- I have been there several times, and always learned something new!

How expensive is the ship's tour? The problem I see is that Plimoth Plantation is an hour away from Boston (with no traffic problems), and I don't think that public transportation goes there. It would be best to have a car, because then you also drive to downtown Plymouth and see the attractions there (Mayflower II, museums, etc.). Admission itself is fairly pricey -- I believe $21 just for Plimoth Plantation.

Hope someone else can help more than I can! :-)

Plimoth Plantation's website has public transit directions that include the commuter rail to Plymouth combined with a taxi, which is feasible if you're super organized and want to travel during rush hour. Since it's a reverse commute the commuter rail schedule might be unfavorable.

I would at least cost out a car rental if you aren't planning to travel during rush hour. It is all highway from one place to the other, albeit with some road changes.

I believe the ships tour is around 92.00 a person. There is a place called Boston Tours that goes there it is 50.00 from them and is gone for 6 hours. The only problem is I have tried to call them twice and they have you leave a message that they do not return.

thanks!

$92.00 per person is unacceptable. I would definitely look into Boston Tours or anyone else who does a bus trip.

I think it would be worth it to look into a car rental, and then drive yourself to Plymouth. It's a straight run down 93 which merges with 3, right into Plymouth, and then you can enjoy the sights at your own pace --- the Plantation, the Mayflower which is in downtown Plymouth, Plymouth Rock (this is not much to get excited about!) and then maybe a seaside lunch and some strolling around the town before heading back. If you allow at least 2 hrs to get back and are avoiding rush hour, you should be fine. I love Plymouth, it really is worth the trip.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived