First cruise with RCI

911boss

I have 16 trips with Princess, 2 with Celebrity, 2 with Cunard, 2 with HAL and 2 with Hurtigruten so I think I can be taken seriously as an expert cruiser. I always avoided RCI because I thought they were similiar to NCL. Boy was I wrong. We just got back from Alaska from the "Vision" and I could not be more happy with a cruise line or a cruise ship. Everything about the trip was perfect. They had some of the best staff that I have seen. If anyone feels the same a s I did-rethink it. They were teriffic.

By the way don't take a travel iron or buy ulu knives (alaska). They will be siezed and you won't see them again till you get off the ship.

I have 16 trips with Princess, 2 with Celebrity, 2 with Cunard, 2 with HAL and 2 with Hurtigruten so I think I can be taken seriously as an expert cruiser. I always avoided RCI because I thought they were similiar to NCL. Boy was I wrong. We just got back from Alaska from the "Vision" and I could not be more happy with a cruise line or a cruise ship. Everything about the trip was perfect. They had some of the best staff that I have seen. If anyone feels the same a s I did-rethink it. They were teriffic.

By the way don't take a travel iron or buy ulu knives (alaska). They will be siezed and you won't see them again till you get off the ship.

Welcome to the RCCL boards and glad you loved your cruise. That is funny that you said they would confiscate the ulu knives. We wondered the same thing this summer while we were on the Serenade in Alaska. I ended up buying 12 of them for gifts and knew they would have to be packed in checked luggage for the trip home but we had absolutely no problems bringing them on the ship and the guy at the xray took one or two out of the bags and commented on the pretty handles, so I guess it depends on who is manning the station.

I've only been on two cruises and both were with RCI. I think I'm going to stick with RCI (although Princess seems to be calling my name too!) because I want the points. LOL!

I was on the Vision to Alaska on Aug. 31-Sept. 7 and it was fantastic. The crew is amazing and I wouldn't hesitate to book another cruise on Vision again!

For the record, I am new to cruising. In November, I will be taking my third since Nov. of 2005. All have been on RCI. (Mariner in Nov. 2005, Sovereigh in April 2007).

I can honestly say that I have enjoyed the Ships, Food and Staff so much that I have no interest in trying any others. While I am not ignorant to the fact that the premium lines might be better, for the $$$ I am very satisfied and plan to continue cruising with RCI in the future.

From a satisfied customer,

Dave

Archived