Bathrooms on Enchantment of the Seas

CrzrVOL

Our dear son will be getting married in November of 2008, and as a surprise, we are going to send them on their 1st cruise on the Enchantment. It's time that he find out what Mom & Dad have been raving about! My question is - in the balcony rooms, is there a tub/shower combo, or just a shower? DS is about 6'5" and weighs about 275, so he is not a small guy, and we found out last year on Caribbean Princess that only the Mini-Suites have tub/shower combos. Thank goodness that's what we were in. Our friends had a balcony room and complained the whole time about the shower.

We want to book them in a balcony room for sure ;) , and want everything to be as perfect as can be! I knew that I could ask you guys and get the low down!

Thanks for the help...

Thanks to all of you for the fast answer! You can always count on fellow cruisers! I had a feeling that we needed to get the JS, so guess that's what I will be booking. They deserve it! I have already told them that we are all going on a cruise together 2009, but they have no idea about the honeymoon. This is going to be almost as much fun as planning our own cruise.

Thanks again to all of you. You're the best!

If a GS is available on Deck 8 and affordable I would book that. They will then get access to the Concierge Club and that might just convince them that cruising is the greatest. Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't do it just for the sake of the CC. I would look at the difference between the JS and GS and take it from there.

Congratulations and best of luck on whatever your decision is. I know it will be awesome for them no matter what!!

Gosh - how nice all of you are! I am so excited to be able to do this for them. We are going to suffer through a year without a cruise so we can send them on one. I think I may go through withdrawl - or book a quickie AFTER the wedding to regain my sanity!

Can anyone tell me how big the shower is on the Enchantment? We went on NCL Dawn a few years ago, and it had a huge shower that was wonderful. Even with DS being a big guy, if the showers are large, then I could do the regular balcony. Just trying to save a little and still make it a wonderful experience for them. We still have so many things to pay for with the wedding.....but I am loving it! This is our only child, and I am finally getting a daughter!

Thanks again.........

Only JS and higher have the tub/shower combo. I had a JS in May on the Enchanment and it's fairly large. I really can't remember and I don't have pics of it.

Are you a C&A member? If so then you might be able to get a discount for booking a balcony or higher cabin or they might have a coupon for that particular sailing. Not sure if you can do this or not. I would call and inquire.

Thanks to all of you for the fast answer! You can always count on fellow cruisers! I had a feeling that we needed to get the JS, so guess that's what I will be booking. They deserve it! I have already told them that we are all going on a cruise together 2009, but they have no idea about the honeymoon. This is going to be almost as much fun as planning our own cruise.

Thanks again to all of you. You're the best!

You get 2 cruise credits for a JS which will bring you closer to the next C&A level.

You get 2 cruise credits for a JS which will bring you closer to the next C&A level.

The newlyweds are the ones who will get the credits (as soon as they sign up for C&A, of course). It doesn't matter who books or pays, it only matters who cruises in terms of C&A credits.

CrzrVOL: I assume the newlyweds know that their honeymoon trip will be a surprise and that they are cool with that? I'd definitely say that if the fare difference isn't too dear, then try for a GS, but a JS would be super fabulous for a first cruise and wonderful for a honeymoon (IMO).

beachchick

Archived