Hours for kid crew on NCL pearl or Jewel

danesmama

We are planning a 9 night cruise and was wondering what the hours for the kids crew were on sea days. Is it the same on all ships? We were on the this year and they had it broken up into 3 sessions of 2 hours each.

And then on port days, is it only opened 7-10pm (without having to pay the hourly fee)?

I don't have any experience with this, but here what NCL's webpage says:

Are babysitters available?

NCL offers group sitting for ages 2-12 for a nominal fee with the Kid's Crew" counselors. In addition to our regular sitting hours of 10 pm - 1 am, group sitting is available in port from 9 am - 5 pm. Private babysitting is not available.

and here is more info regarding the kids crew:

http://www.ncl.com/nclweb/cruiser/cmsPages.html?pageId=FreestyleFamilyFun

NCL's kids' club closes for meals, except on special "Kids' Dinner" nights. It's open on sea days from 9am-noon, 2pm - 5pm, and 7pm-10pm. There is sitting for an extra fee from 10 pm - 1 am.

Port days require an extra charge from 9 am to 5 pm, and if you have a child in diapers, you can't leave the ship with your child in the kids' club because NCL kids' club's crew does not change diapers (Carnival's, FWIW, does). I'm really ok with that, I don't really want someone I don't know changing my child's diaper. Port days do have planned kids' clubs activities for no extra charge 7 pm to 10 pm, and again, babysitting for an extra fee from 10 pm to 1 am.

Archived