Insurance - Should we purchase it?

cruising4u

I buy fire insurance for my house year after year after year. What a waste of money?

Go ahead and take your chance by self insuring. I buy my cruise insurance from a third party, not the cruise line. I want someone (hopefully) on my side.

Darn, last 10 cruises I've thrown money away on insurance I didn't need.

I have seen quite a few different op's talking about purchasing insurance.

Since this is my first cruise as an adult, I was wondering do the majority of you guys purchase the cruise insurance. (There are four in our family)

Thank you

I always purchase it for our cruises, there are many unforeseen circumstances that cause interruption or cancellation. Many people don't think about if their healthcare covers them outside of the country.

Travel Guard's 'Protect Assist' policy is excellent when you purchase the Optional Umbrella Package (doubles your Medical Expense and Emergency Medical Transportation coverages, and your coverage is upgraded to Primary). It's similar to their Cruise, Tour, and Travel policy, but at a lower premium.

Also, since you have a family of four, I'll mention that this policy covers children age 17 and under who are related to the primary adult on the policy, at no additional cost. (All children with insured parents). Good peace of mind. :)

I have seen quite a few different op's talking about purchasing insurance.

Since this is my first cruise as an adult, I was wondering do the majority of you guys purchase the cruise insurance. (There are four in our family)

Thank you

If you are traveling outside the US and might have to rely on foreign medical help/evacuation, my belief is YES.

You are covering a catastrophic event, not the lost luggage, even though there is coverage for this. Just think that if there is an true emergency, do you at your time of need want to be thinking, ' I saved a few hundred bucks betting I would not need urgent care'

We have never utilized it, but if and when we ever do, I am sure the combined cost over the past years will be well worth it. I actually hope I pay for the insurance for another 20 years and never use it.

We have a situation where one of our party of four always gets insurance (we don't) because her mother is very old. If she should have to cancel because of her mother's health or death, would her cabinmate be obligated for a single cabin? or would that be covered by the insured's insurance?

We always purchase trip insurance. As someone previously suggested www.insuremytrip.com gives you several coverage options.

However, all of their policies are age sensitive. The older you are the more you pay and for older travelers it can get very expensive. The policy offered by the cruise line is not age sensitive and it is usually the best buy for seniors.

Archived