Early arrival for cruisetour

honeymooners2be

Hi all,

I was just curious if anyone has ever arrived 1 day early for their cruisetour? We will be arriving in fairbanks for our departure. We are just very skeptical about flying in the day of with the way the airlines are operating. I am assuming that are first night that is actually part of the cruisetour we will be staying at the westmark hotel in fairbanks. Not sure if HAL will give us an additional night at the westmark without charging a fortune or if we should seek other accommodations.

thanks to all of you for your time

scott

Hi all,

I was just curious if anyone has ever arrived 1 day early for their cruisetour? We will be arriving in fairbanks for our departure. We are just very skeptical about flying in the day of with the way the airlines are operating. I am assuming that are first night that is actually part of the cruisetour we will be staying at the westmark hotel in fairbanks. Not sure if HAL will give us an additional night at the westmark without charging a fortune or if we should seek other accommodations.

thanks to all of you for your time

scott

I added a night at the Fairbanks Westmark thru HAL to my cruise tour last June without any problem. I actually flew up several days before that for an Arctic tour with a different company that returned us to Fairbanks the day before the cruise tour started. It actually worked out very well for me since it gave me a day between the two tours to get laundry done and relax before starting the next tour. I'm sure I could have gotten another hotel cheaper but it was worth it not to have to change hotels for another night.

Just returned from a cruise/tour starting in Fairbanks, and it was the first time I did not book at least a day early as we spent two nights in Fairbanks. The arrival day is basically wasted- nothing to do until the next morning, so I might take the chance, depending on where you are flying from. It worked out fine for us. With so little to do in Fairbanks (at least without transportation), I would be loathe to get there early.

Just returned from a cruise/tour starting in Fairbanks, and it was the first time I did not book at least a day early as we spent two nights in Fairbanks. The arrival day is basically wasted- nothing to do until the next morning, so I might take the chance, depending on where you are flying from. It worked out fine for us. With so little to do in Fairbanks (at least without transportation), I would be loathe to get there early.

Hi, CarlsbadSally! Haven't seen you here in a while, so wanted to say "hello!"

We will be flying cross country from ny if we go the day of it would be a monday so we thought sunday would be better day to fly

Definitely recommend you fly in one day early. Especially

since you are flying cross country. As you mention, airlines

are not as reliable - a variety of things could cause you delays

enroute. It would be very difficult to catch up with your tour.

Besides, an extra day gives you time to relax a bit from traveling,

as well as any jet lag, etc.

Check with either your TA or HAL, usually an extra night stay

at the hotel can be arranged.

In our experience - we have learned to always fly in a day

early. We almost missed our cruise in S.F. just

flying from Denver . Due to fog in S.F. all flights were delayed.

Because I'm handicapped that appeared to have helped us

get on one of the first planes out .....but then our luggage

didn't catch up with us until Seattle !

Archived