grand cayman excursions?

ssac

Capt. Marvins has a videographer onboard filming everything for some really good memories besides underwater pics. Our group had about 15 people, and it was awesome! When I reserved our excursion, I got the date wrong, and they fixed it without questioning - they know the ship schedule better than us!

I have heard good things about Nativeway, too, so I think either place would be a great experience. And MUCH cheaper than Carnival.

For the Stingrays, Stingray City (the sandbar) is the best. With that you get to interact a lot more with them. I have done that one both times since I wanted to take pictures too. You will be standing in waist deep water so even if you don't swim it will not be an issue.

It CAN get rough out there tho. It was when we were there. We are all strong swimmers so it wasn't a problem but the weaker swimmers on the boat didn't spend much time in the water. We were really getting knocked about. We went with Captain Bryan and bought the picture CD of the trip. We have this incredible picture of my daughter holding a stingray and the boat captain is behind her and there is this HUGE wave about to come crashing over them and they are totally unaware of it. She says she remembers that because when the wave hit she was knocked over on top of the stingray and the captain was knocked over on top of her. If you go and are not a strong swimmer, it will be fine if it's calm but you might want a life jacket if it's rough and you may decide not to spend much time in the water. Sorry, not trying to scare anyone. Just want you to know that it can be rough at times. I've seen many pictures of other peoples excursions and they are standing in waist deep, perfectly calm water. Wish it had been that way for us. Maybe we'll just have to try it again when we are there in December.:D

Has anybody done the Grand Cayman Island Tour through Carnival?

Yes, that's the first one I did in GC.

You drive around in the bus while the driver points out areas of interest.

We stopped at the sea turtle place. We were able to hold one of the babies which was pretty neat. And, of course, they stay long enough so you can spend money at the shop there.

We also stopped in Hell. A big disappointment....just some rocks sticking up in the air. And a post office so you can mail a post card from Hell. Oh well....at least I can say I've been there.

If the beach and string rays aren't your thing, then it would be okay.

We did the Submarine Tour last year in October while we were in Grand Cayman. It was interesting and neat but not worth the cost. I should have went to see the stingrays. I was a little nervous about it since Steve Irwin had just been attacked so we opted for the Submarine Tour but I should have done the Sting Rays. I will the next time. Grand Cayman is know for the Stingrays. Happy Cruising.

It CAN get rough out there tho. It was when we were there. We are all strong swimmers so it wasn't a problem but the weaker swimmers on the boat didn't spend much time in the water. We were really getting knocked about. We went with Captain Bryan and bought the picture CD of the trip. We have this incredible picture of my daughter holding a stingray and the boat captain is behind her and there is this HUGE wave about to come crashing over them and they are totally unaware of it.

We were there the same day as Heidi, but used Nativeway for their Rays, Reef & Rum Point tour. Nativeway was great. The seas were very rough that day though like Heidi mentioned. Snorkeling was not at all fun due to the rough seas. The sting rays were great in between the waves crashing on us and Rum Point was excellent. My wife would like to just go to Rum Point this next time around in March '08. It appears that renting a car is the main option for doing that. I don't mind driving the "wrong" way. I did it on St. Croix and Barbados and had a blast.

Archived