Carnival Today

JPB

Last time we cruised Carnival was 1989 on the Celebration. It was our very first cruise and it was an awful experience. We have 12 cruises under our belt now all with Princess, Celebrity and NCL. We have booked the Miracle for the Panama-Belize-Costa Rico in October based on friends comments regarding this ship. I would hope some old time cruisers out there would be able to tell me the Carnival of today is better than the Carnival of old and clue me in regarding what to expect vs Celebrity/Princess/NCL.

What made the first cruise awful? That might help us tell you whether what you didn't like then has changed. I just took my first cruise less than a month ago (Ecstasy out of Galveston) and thought it was absolutely wonderful and am ready to go back. But I have nothing to compare it to. I will also freely admit that I enjoy myself more often than not no matter where I go on vacation or what I do.

YES the Carnival of today is better. We went on the Ecstacy back a lot of years ago and it was horrible. We never got drinks until after dinner, they dropped a wine glass in my lap, the buffet food was horrible like it was all left overs with gravy on it each day. the ship was neon pink and blue and awful.

We thought we would give Carnival another chance this year we traveled on the Victory and LOVED it. It was a beautiful ship, still some neon, large no lines,a lot of space to be alone, plenty of clubs not packed to enjoy, pleasant people, always room at the pool or on deck. We are booked on the Liberty next May going to Panama and costa rica.

Our favorite ships are RCCL but for the price and the better ships we go Carnival.

You are going to absolutely love the Miracle. We sailed on her in June.

the itinerary that we did is different than yours though. We did the E. Caribbean.

Anyway, the crew on the Miracle is fabulous and they provide excellent service. I would sail that ship again in a heartbeat.

Here is a link to my pictures from the Miracle, if you are interested in seeing the ship.

http://family.webshots.com/album/559434878OqoOin?vhost=family

I think you knew where i was coming from..I didn't want to get the die hard Carnival crowd all upset listing my complaints from our last cruise on the Celebration. Considering your comments and those from others that answered my post I feel much better about our booking on the Miracle...THANKS AGAIN

1989 - Carnival was still in its "booze and booty" cruise phase.

Today, this is still a lot of that on the shorter cruises when college is out...but for the most part, Carnival has "evolved".

Afternoon Tea

String Trios

Free Expresso and Cappucino in the formal dining room

etc

You will have a wonderful time.

The Spirit class ships (of which the Miracle is one) was specifically designed to be more subdued....and I believe they succeeded. Still Fun but not over the top (except for those purple grapes in the formal dining room...but at least they are not pink any more)

Archived