new..help me decide on ship and itinerary

lisareneeo

I have my first RC cruise booked for this Nov on the Navigator ( a girls get-a-way)

The more I have read about RC the more I think my family would enjoy a cruise as well. We have done a 4 night Disney Cruise and loved it.

My kids are 11 and 9

I am thinking of a cruise for spring break and have two in mind but I am just not sure about the ships.

(1) Majesty which goes to Nassau, Cococay, Key West 4 night

(2) Enchantment which goes to Grand Cayman and Ocho Rio 5 night

I would even consider doing the Navigator again because in March there is an itinerary that adds Belize to Cozumel (Cozumel is where I will be going with the girls)

Ship amenities and appearance is important to me. Port days will most likely be spent as casual beach days or even staying on the ship to enjoy things while most others are in port.

Suggestions are welcome>

Thanks

Lisa

I too would put Navigator and Enchantment over Majesty. While the Majesty is a good little ship, the staterooms are a lot smaller on Majesty than on the newer ships and the other two ships have a lot more amenities.

WRP96, I see that you have cruised on the Jewel of the Seas and also on the Voyager Class ships. We have done 2 Voyager and 1 Freedom Class cruises and will be taking the Jewel of the Seas transatlantic in 4/08.

Can you share any thoughts regarding what it's like cruising on the smaller Jewel compared to the larger ships.

Jimmers

Can you share any thoughts regarding what it's like cruising on the smaller Jewel compared to the larger ships.

The Radiance class, and especially the Jewel are my favorite class of ships (not that I didn't love the Voyager). They are more intimate and elegant than the Voyager class while still having a ton of options for activities and places for people to spread out. I love the large amounts of glass that Jewel has as compared to Voyager - you truly feel like you are at sea from so many places on the ship. The Jewel is so much more outward looking as compared to the inward looking Voyager with it's Royal Promenade. I also love the fact that the solarium is covered, it's especially great when it's too cool or too hot to be comfortable out by the main pool.

I prefer the dining options on the Jewel as compared to Voyager as well. The Seaview Cafe is so much better than Johnny Rockets. I prefer the quality of food there plus there's no cover charge. Also, I like the fact that they have the Solarium Cafe so that you can get food by the pool. On Jewel look for the crepes they have in the Solarium Cafe, especially the sweet toppings. I also prefer the layout of the Windjammer on Jewel as compared to the Voyager class.

About the only times I've felt crowded on the Radiance class are occasionally in the shops (they're nice, they just don't compare to the Royal Promenade) and in the photo gallery.

The one special treat that I really love on the Radiance class is the thermal suite in the spa. This is a for fee area, but it's worth the charge. It has heated mosaic tile benches (great for naps), steamroom, sauna, aromatherapy room, and tropical showers, all with a beautiful view out to sea. Especially on a transatlantic with lots of seas days, if you are interested in relaxation the cost is highly worth it.

Thanks for that great review. I was afraid we would be disappointed by going smaller but after reading what you said it sounds like we're going to enjoy the Jewel just fine. Maybe it will become our favorite class of ship as it is yours.

BTW, when you mentioned the promenade it made me think of my 21 year old son. The Liberty of the Seas last month was his first cruise and now he can't imagine going on a cruiseship without a Promenade. It was one of his favorite places to hang out at.

Thanks again

Jimmers

I have my first RC cruise booked for this Nov on the Navigator ( a girls get-a-way)

The more I have read about RC the more I think my family would enjoy a cruise as well. We have done a 4 night Disney Cruise and loved it.

My kids are 11 and 9

I am thinking of a cruise for spring break and have two in mind but I am just not sure about the ships.

(1) Majesty which goes to Nassau, Cococay, Key West 4 night

(2) Enchantment which goes to Grand Cayman and Ocho Rio 5 night

I would even consider doing the Navigator again because in March there is an itinerary that adds Belize to Cozumel (Cozumel is where I will be going with the girls)

Ship amenities and appearance is important to me. Port days will most likely be spent as casual beach days or even staying on the ship to enjoy things while most others are in port.

Suggestions are welcome>

Thanks

Lisa

After you've been on the Navigator, you'll want to bring your family back to that ship. Its a wonderful ship for families. They will love the promanade area. Also there is a Johnny Rockets that the kids will get a kick out of. Definately go the the Navigator for your family cruise.

Archived