Cabin 8002 Noordam

jazncruiser

I would call it the first passenger cabin, forward. Some passengers do not care for this location because the deck and forward nature of it can mean a less comfortable ride in rough seas.

More than likely, one of the ship's officers will be in the cabin next to your cabin.

I think you might be safe from potential noise from above, in the LIDO.

The gym may or may not be an issue.

Thanks, we usually like mid-ship, mid-height, if that makes any senseto those of you that have cruised, but we found a good deal for this cruise and this is what we have. Any sites we can go on and find if this is a good cabin? Does it have a bigger balcony or more room inside since it is in the back of the ship?

Thanks,

Patti

Patti,

8002 is not in the back of the ship, it is all the way forward ... the forward-most Verandah Cabin on the PORT side of the ship. It's a VA cabin and will have the full-width verandah. Your neighbor just forward of you is the Hotel Manager. :)

Hammy posted a link to a map just 30 seconds before I posted, so I'm removing the jpg image I uploaded with the map.

Hammybee & Revneal, Thanks, I was confused on front or back, didn't pay attention to the schematic of the ship. Anyway, I'm still learning after 5 cruises on HAL, what is the "full width veranda" ? I love to sit out on the balcony and eat my shrimp cocktail early and read my books!!! (11:00am because I usually get up for work at 0400 and am hungry at that time, oh well, all of us has to be up at some hour or the other!) Ok, still rough seas or will the stabilizers take care of it, as before, we like to be mid-ship, mid-deck (I didn't get that right the first time). We are very excited about NY also, any suggestions? My DH hasn't been there before, Me???? Last time I was 18, with the Girl Scouts!!!

Thanks to both of you, we appreciate your help.

We just found out we will be staying in Cabin #8002 on the Navigation deck of MS Noordam. This is the last cabin on the starboard side of this deck. Anyone can tell us what it is like?

Thanks,

Patti-Jazncruiser

It's actually the first cabin, not the last. We once had 8005 on the O'dam, which is very similar. We were very happy there. If you lean over the railing, the view forward is a little obstructed by the bridge wing, but you can see into the bridge and keep an eye on the interesting stuff that goes on there. If I recall, we were next door to the ship's doctor, and often brushed shoulders with the officers coming and going from the wheelhouse. I would take it again if offered.

It's actually the first cabin, not the last. We once had 8005 on the O'dam, which is very similar. We were very happy there. If you lean over the railing, the view forward is a little obstructed by the bridge wing, but you can see into the bridge and keep an eye on the interesting stuff that goes on there. If I recall, we were next door to the ship's doctor, and often brushed shoulders with the officers coming and going from the wheelhouse. I would take it again if offered.

Sounds like a wonderful location to me! Friends had a similar location on the Caribbean Princess in '06...they loved keeping an eye on what was going on in the wheelhouse!

Archived