Free Samsonite Luggage, $75-$100 SBC - $25 SBC for late brochure - What's going on??

GottoCruise

Yikes, I am one of those first time cruisers that got both the OBC and offer for the luggage. I am already booked on a 2008 cruise which was booked prior to the earned date so i guess i will have to let the samsonite go.:( For sure, everyone needs to check daily to see what Princess comes up with next:confused: I find this all very exciting as I never got anything from NCL or RCL and have been multiple times on their lines......

Talk about a PR nightmare.... I too a long time Princess cruiser got Nada... zip... geesh. :eek: (look at below booking)

Not looking good for the PR folks that's all I gotta say... I too would just like lower rates then "stuff" but I"ll take the OBC

CurioiusCat

hmmm should I try and order a brochure?:D

lol, I hate to add to the confusion by asking a question but here goes...

I am booking my first Princess cruise this week for a Nov 11th 2007 sailing. I am booking online and obviously paying in full. Should I expect any of these promos that are mentioned here at all?

That would be pretty hard to do since most people fly and if they already had the maximum amount of luggage checked, well, there would be some problems with this one. Gotta love Princess CSR's some really have no idea what is going on.

So, please tell me, what are we talking about here with luggage. A carry on, a set? Just curious since I didn't get any of these promotions. I can see it now, lots of new luggage sales on ebay in the near future. LOL

The luggage offer we received is for one free piece of Samsonite Outline 8 expandable upright piece (24x17x9) with inline wheels when cruise is booked by Nov 30 2007.

We're on our 10th cruise with Princess so it must not be limited to first time cruisers. We also received $25 per person OBC for late brochure.

lol, I hate to add to the confusion by asking a question but here goes...

I am booking my first Princess cruise this week for a Nov 11th 2007 sailing. I am booking online and obviously paying in full. Should I expect any of these promos that are mentioned here at all?

I think the Luggage Promo (T0000067) said you had to book 75 days prior to sailing date. & the $$ Promo (T0000068) said it had to be any 2008 cruise... - but maybe others received different parameters - Those were on our offers. What confusion!!!! :eek:

The luggage offer we received is for one free piece of Samsonite Outline 8 expandable upright piece (24x17x9) with inline wheels when cruise is booked by Nov 30 2007.

Thanks for the info, I don't feel so bad now if it is only one 24" piece of luggage. That would just mean I would have to purchase the rest of the set to go with it. LOL I think I am saving money by not receiving it! ;)

Thanks for the info, I don't feel so bad now if it is only one 24" piece of luggage. That would just mean I would have to purchase the rest of the set to go with it. LOL I think I am saving money by not receiving it! ;)

LOL. I agree. Just took our bags out today; time to start packing for October 3rd. 24" piece would just be in the way; too big for a carryon; too small to hold much for a long trip.

Pia

Renee, I should have put you in charge of finding out about these promos.:) I called Princess and was told that there was a group of people who got the offers and she didn't know why they qualified. When I reminded her of the 5 upcoming cruises (see them at the bottom of my signature) I've booked she sounded pretty uninterested.

I think this is kind of like the Upgrade Fairy...a very mysterious thing.

I ordered some brochures, just in case that would get me anywhere with OBC. Who knows? Guess I'll check every day to see if anything has developed in our favor.

i believe it is this:

410MIw2ggCL._SS400_.jpg

I'm getting this, too, but I'd rather have OBC (hope that doesn't sound ungrateful). I hope it comes in black. I wonder how much it will bring on ebay?

This definitely had to be a random thing. Like I said in an earlier post, I am planning a group cruise for October 2008. So far, I haven't booked anything, but still looking. I'm just wondering if my brother (who got the free luggage promotion) from my referral, will still get it if I book all of us by November 30. Of course, being a past passenger of Princess, we didn't get a thing. It's funny how some are lucky enough to get some perks, like these offers and various upgrades, and some are not. We have yet to receive anything significant from Princess.

I just got off the phone with princess to find out about availibility. They offered me either of the two promos (luggage or $75-obc) I choose the $, as I already have pleanty of suitcases. I would suggest to all to make sure you are signed up on princess websight,even if you never plan on booking with them. As I have learned today, you can take whichever promo they are offering, on top of whatever your TA is offering to sweeten up the deal. Sign up all adults, they can get it. Don't bother with kids, since princess won't give them the promos!

This is why I love Cruise Critic: This thread has given helpful, though sometimes confusing information - no fault of the posters with regard to the confusing information.

I was getting the run around with Princess on the phone - I love their ships and sailing with them excellent service at sea, land is another story!

So, my TA seems to have it straightened out. We have booked two cruises for next year and until I read this thread I was unaware of any promotions and recieved no mailings regarding these promotions.

I thank all of you for all of your helpful and handy information, as well as sharing the results of your phone calls and contacts with Princess and/or your TA.

I sure do wish Princess could get their customer service act together! Sometimes it is very frustrating. I am currently trying to find out from someone within Princess what happened to my application, cover letter, resume and phone calls regarding doing some of the worship services on board. Have not heard a word from them. I have have left voice mails with staff and no one has called. This has been going on since July!

At least, I see that I got the credit for one of my bookings. Now I hope I can get it for the other. Oh, well...

I received a Princess brochure in the mail today, and it had the free Samsonite luggage promotion in it. Since I have already booked a cruise for 2008, I called Princess and was told I would be receiving my piece of luggage about 6 weeks before my cruise. :)

The brochure did say that the offer is limited to the brochure mailing only, and cruises booked before Nov. 30, 2007, for travel 2008.

I received a Princess brochure in the mail today, and it had the free Samsonite luggage promotion in it. Since I have already booked a cruise for 2008, I called Princess and was told I would be receiving my piece of luggage about 6 weeks before my cruise. :)

The brochure did say that the offer is limited to the brochure mailing only, and cruises booked before Nov. 30, 2007, for travel 2008.

Just curious as to when u booked your cruise? I also got the luggage mailer and i think it is listed on my princess id#ending in 67. I didn't think i would be eligible as i had booked my cruise way before this promo?

I booked my cruise through Princess first week in August. I just called and after confirming that I had switched by booking to a TA I was told that you had to book between August 31 and November 30. I have the brochure and no where on it does it give a before date. Something is not right with this.

Archived