? about Cash deposit

C-U-ONBOARD

One of the couples we are traveling with are wanting to leave a cash deposit and I have a few questions as we have never done so.

Is it correct that for a 4 night cruise that there is a $100 pp minimum deposit?

If you are leaving a cash deposit, do you do so when checking in or do you do it after you board at the Pursers desk?

Lastly, if someone is leaving a cash deposit, do they still have to fill out the form (in the docs) with credit card information, or not since they are leaving cash and not using a credit card?

As always thanks in advance to all you knowledgable and helpful cruisers.....

One of the couples we are traveling with are wanting to leave a cash deposit and I have a few questions as we have never done so.

Is it correct that for a 4 night cruise that there is a $100 pp minimum deposit?

If you are leaving a cash deposit, do you do so when checking in or do you do it after you board at the Pursers desk?

Lastly, if someone is leaving a cash deposit, do they still have to fill out the form (in the docs) with credit card information, or not since they are leaving cash and not using a credit card?

As always thanks in advance to all you knowledgable and helpful cruisers.....

We always use travler's cheques (same as cash), and this is how it has always worked for us. On the sail & sign form in the docs, go ahead and sign on the signature line and have everyone that you are going to be responsible for initial the box by their name, but where it asks for the credit card info, print the word cash over it. Once you are on the ship, go to the purser's desk, or wherever they direct you to go to set up your sail & sign account. I've never seen the cash accounts set up at check in, money changes hands onboard per my experience anyway. We have always put down enough for the tips ($10.00 per person per day), plus whatever we wanted extra on it. For the 3 of us on our 1st cruise, we put down $500.00. The $210.00 in tips were automatically deducted from that balance, leaving the balance at $290.00 for the 3 of us, we added more later in the week as we needed to. At the end of the week, we got a check back for what we had not spent the day we were to get off of the ship. We went to the Purser's desk to cash it before we left.

A 5 Night Cruise is $150.00. If it hasn't changed, the 7 night minimum is $200.00, but I may be mistaken on this. I know on the 8 night, it was $250.00 pp.

If you have a credit card, you can put it up and then if you want to, pay your account in full at the end of your cruise in cash. We have done this before and didn't have a bill waiting for us after the trip!

If you have a credit card, you can put it up and then if you want to, pay your account in full at the end of your cruise in cash. We have done this before and didn't have a bill waiting for us after the trip!

Exactly what we've done on every cruise. Works great! But, as posted above, some don't have credit cards. One of the families going with us on our next cruise is in that "boat". The info here is appreciated so that I can share it with her.

I put this on another post but you should find out if they accept CASH deposits when embarking. Inspiration would not. They only took credit and/or credit/debit cards. If you were putting cash, you needed to wait until the next day. That could put a damper on first night cruising....

I just got off of the phone with Carnival, and I told the agent that we had prepaid our gratuties, and what would be the minimum deposit for our cruise if we paid a cash deposit. She said that they can NOT tell you how much cash to put down if the gratuities are PAID, as it is your money! ;)

We just got off the Valor. We were not able to put money on our sail in sign right off the bat because of a glitch in the computers. However, because we had each previously put $100.00 on our accounts thorough fun ship dollars we had that money to spend during the first few hours. We were able to buy our soda cards right away. We use cash because we don't want to come home to a credit card bill. We want to start saving for our next cruise right away.

Archived