All Things Miracle!!!!

Sandi149

We will be on the Miracle in September. We are driving from Maryland. We are trying to decide if we want to find a hotel in NJ that will allow us to leave our car there during the cruise and get transportation to the terminal or drive to the terminal and park there.

I would be interested to hear feedback from those of you who have driven in from out of state.

We will be on the Miracle in September. We are driving from Maryland. We are trying to decide if we want to find a hotel in NJ that will allow us to leave our car there during the cruise and get transportation to the terminal or drive to the terminal and park there.

I would be interested to hear feedback from those of you who have driven in from out of state.

A friend of mine who I met on here sailed the Miracle with us last year. They are from Illinois and they drove. They stayed in the Homewood Suites in Edgewater, NJ I believe and they were able to park their car there for free the whole time. Then they took the ferry over to Manhattan and then took a cab to the pier.

Here is the website, if you are interested.

http://homewoodsuites1.hilton.com/en_US/hw/hotel/EWREWHW-Homewood-Suites-by-Hilton-Edgewater-NYC-Area-New-Jersey/index.do;jsessionid=D1BE15DF8B00A2C1950AE9A7051DD1C4.etc41?brand_id=HW&brand_directory=/en/hw/&xch=190794737,LC31PUAN53HUYCSGBI12VCQ

The views of the bridge from Bay Ridge are beautiful. I used to work in Bay Ridge and had to take the Belt Pkway every day and that road would go right under the bridge. What wonderful views I had. :D

I'm looking forward to the sail away. It's going to be very exciting to see all the great NY landmarks.

The Belt Parkway brings back some interesting memories.

Just a reminder to those of you that haven't sailed away from NY this time of year. Sail away even on nice days from NY gets really chilly on deck because of the speed. Last May people all had long sleeves and jackets for sail away. The higher you are onboard watching sailaway the more windy and chilly it may be so take a light jacket just in case.

Is it chilly at the beginning of June, also?

A friend of mine who I met on here sailed the Miracle with us last year. They are from Illinois and they drove. They stayed in the Homewood Suites in Edgewater, NJ I believe and they were able to park their car there for free the whole time. Then they took the ferry over to Manhattan and then took a cab to the pier.

Here is the website, if you are interested.

http://homewoodsuites1.hilton.com/en_US/hw/hotel/EWREWHW-Homewood-Suites-by-Hilton-Edgewater-NYC-Area-New-Jersey/index.do;jsessionid=D1BE15DF8B00A2C1950AE9A7051DD1C4.etc41?brand_id=HW&brand_directory=/en/hw/&xch=190794737,LC31PUAN53HUYCSGBI12VCQ

We booked this hotel for our upcoming May 9th cruise. Thanks to a new friend from Fort Lee who gave us advice. Decided to take a taxi from the hotel to the pier, with a pick-up on our return. We got a price of $45.00 with tolls, tip extra. When you factor in the tip for the hotel driver to the ferry, the cost of the ferry tickets, the taxi to the pier with tip, plus the lugging the bags, we felt the one cab ride was well worth the money. Plus they take credit cards.

We went on June 4th last year and it was raining the day we left. By the time sailaway came it was still cloudy and a bit cool so you would need a jacket but in June you could also have very warm temps. Bring a jacket or sweater anyway cause the ship gets cold from the A/C.

Steve it sounds like you will be spending a lot of time on that back lido deck!! That area is also adults only;) Our nightly routine was to hang out a Frankie & Johnnie's to see Music Boardwalk (The band that is there now are friends with the guy's from Music Boardwalk, and are just about as good)then go get a pizza, take it to the outside Orpheus Bar at the back of the ship, then have a good cigar and just watch the wake of the back of the ship under the stars and enjoy the fact that it was early Feb. and it was almost 80 degrees at 1 Am!!

One night we saw some of the glow in the dark luminescent algae in the wake churned up by the props. VERY COOL you could see it as far as the horizon.

hit the link in my sig for my pictures. there are quite a few pictures taken on that part of the ship.

Thanks for the pictures, Mark. I'll be able to see the wake of the ship from my balcony, as I snagged an aft wrap balcony room. I'm quite excited about that. I've designated it completely cigar-friendly.

That Orpheus Bar looks like a good spot.

Regards,

Steve

Three years ago we left the end of May and it was chilly during sailaway. We sat at a table by the pool with a window that could open where we took pictures. We even saw a fire boat with the water spraying.. unbelievable.

If I can figure out how to post pix... I will... BTW, my avitar picture was taken that day ...

Thanks so much, Mark. You sound like my kind of guy. I prefer a dedicated cigar bar due to the fact that some folks mind cigar smoke. I live in northern NJ, and cigar smoke is viewed as an improvement to the air in some locales. LOL.

I always bring my own smokes, and agree with you how great a good cigar, good company, and great weather goes together.

I'm counting down the days now till 6/18. The Miracle sounds like a great ship.

Steve

Id like to join ya both!!!!,,,,, But I leave the 9th, tomorrow, for mine on the Miracle! Lets hope that we all have the time of our lives!! Good trip fellas!

Hi Gang, Thanks for the awesome thread...after 3 days I am all caught up.

Still have some questions...this is my second cruise. My first was on RCL Adventure of the Seas back in Jan of '06. I LOVED the ship, even in an inside room. I will be interested in the comparison. I loved the ice skating show on RCL thought it was a class act. Hoping I love Miracle just as much....

I was charged with planning a family cruise for myself, DH, DD8, DS6 my Mom and Dad, brother, SIL and niece 12. We're all native New Yawkas. I am a Staten Island girl now living in Dallas. Whole family still in NYC, besides us. We wanted to cruise from NY because my bro and SIL live on the lower east side and SIL is disabled. She needed an accessible room. We are on the Aug. 5 sailing and needed 3 cabins. It's a "miracle" we were able to get 3 rooms near eachother, one being accessible, so close to the sail date.

Well, we wound up with 4 cabins. Myself hubby and 2 kids are in adjoining rooms From what I can read, 7133 and 7137 on Verandah Deck. My folks and niece are right next door in 7129. All are balconies, but no one seems to be talking about these rooms as they are forward on ship. Please tell me the movement is not horrible up there! My poor bro and SIL are literally ALL the way front in room 7102, but they were limited in room choices to to her disability and they really wanted to be near the rest of us. My niece has to stay w/ my parents since the accessible room only sleeps 2 people max.

I have so many Camp Carnival questions...we didn't take the kids last time and want them to have a blast in Camp C but spend lots of family time too. Any thoughts, tips or suggestions here would be great.

I am planning a surprise "renew you vows" ceremony w/ the Captain for my parents 50th anniversary. Doing the package they offer through Carnival. Anyone ever do this?

Should I send the kids to eat at camp one night for Nick and Nora's? Is it really worth it? Will other diners get angry if we book a table for 6 adults on Nick and Noras? (We are NOT a rowdy bunch, at least when we're dressed up!:p) Can you even book a table for 6 people? How do you make an online reservation for it? Can you do it before you sail?

Comments, thoughts, ideas greatly appreciated!

The DW and I were in room 8125 for our cruise, and the motion in the room didn't seem any worse there then anywhere else we were. the DW is sensative to motion sickness and all she took was some ginger root and didn't have a problem

abster70, Nick and Nora's is very much worth it and no, no one will be upset about 6 adults at a table. Some of the tables hold 6. We had a family of about 10 come in at the end of our dining there last time and it didn't bother us at all.

Can you even book a table for 6 people? How do you make an online reservation for it? Can you do it before you sail?

Comments, thoughts, ideas greatly appreciated!

Here is the link to reserve a table at Nick & Nora's. Once you get onboard, please check that your reservation was received. Some people haven't had luck with this site, but it's always worked for me. And yes, the supper club is worth every penny.

http://surv.cheetahmail.com/s?aid=982238741&o=1&n=28

Just wanted to thank you Sandi149 for all the info about "Miracle". We leave tommorrow from NY. Might be a little wet but SO WHAT....I'm on vacation!!WAHOOOOOOOOOOOO :)

frank

You are quite welcome. :) don't worry about the rain tomorrow. The day we left it rained also but after that everything was great. :D

Have a wonderful cruise!!!

Hey all! Its been a while! Being on the boards was such a tease with my cruise so far out so I took some time off, but Im sure I will be back full force as usual now... only 7 months till I sail on Miracle again and Ive got ants in my pants! Just found out that my 12/07/08 cruise is now a single baby boomer's cruise. Should be a wild time!!! :D

Here is the link to reserve a table at Nick & Nora's. Once you get onboard, please check that your reservation was received. Some people haven't had luck with this site, but it's always worked for me. And yes, the supper club is worth every penny.

Thanks for the link...booked mine already for November which day do you normally book, I've booked for the last day at sea...I think the elegant evenings are the second, and 7th correct..if I'm wrong could you let me know I am on a nine day cruise from Nov, 5th to the 13th...thanks..

Thanks for the link...booked mine already for November which day do you normally book, I've booked for the last day at sea...I think the elegant evenings are the second, and 7th correct..if I'm wrong could you let me know I am on a nine day cruise from Nov, 5th to the 13th...thanks..

Yes, the elegant evenings as they now call them are the 2nd and 7th night. So you booked for the last night? One word of advice....the last night they want you to have all your luggage outside your cabin by like 10PM. Do you think that might cause a problem for you?

We actually booked for the night that the ship is in San Juan. We don't plan on doing much off the ship and thought that would be a good night.

Archived