All Things Miracle!!!!

Sandi149

Sorry for the quick post but, I just looked online and found this

Carnival Miracle From New York Port Change For July 4, 2008 to October 8, 2008 Sailings

Due to a minor technical problem in the the propulsion, Tortola will be replaced with Grand Turk.

you can find more info if you search this

Issued By: Kenneth Chow, ACC of Cruise Planners of Brooklyn

Jul 05, 2008 05:53:20

we are going on the miracle in june 2009 i was just wondering if you left from new your and if you know the best way to get there from philly and where to stay and park or any other ways of transportatation

Patty123 - we are going on the Miracle Jun 25, 2009, we're in Southwest Jersey. What's your sail date?

patty123 - we are going in Aug. We are taking the train from Hamilton station in NJ and you can park there overnight in their new parking garage for $9/night. I don't think it would be to far of a drive for you to get to....and then take the NJ transit train up, take a cab to the pier. Everything else we looked at cost a lot more money and we didn't want to spend that kind of money. I hope that helps.

Laura:)

I received a email PDF document detailing the Miracle itinerary change July 14th to October 8th 2008.

Tortola is out and Grand Turk is in. Grand Turk, the last stop, is closer to the US, but by how much?

This is fine with me. Thoughts anyone?

They site the reason that the ship is cruising at a slower speed (think this is a fuel saving reason?) due to a minor technical (money saving) difficulty.

I received a email PDF document detailing the Miracle itinerary change July 14th to October 8th 2008.

Tortola is out and Grand Turk is in. Grand Turk, the last stop, is closer to the US, but by how much?

This is fine with me. Thoughts anyone?

They site the reason that the ship is cruising at a slower speed (think this is a fuel saving reason?) due to a minor technical (money saving) difficulty.

I called them too every time you call you get a different answer, they said it was a propulsion problem..and would be repaired before Nov 5...hope it does not affect our planned ports..she did add while it's sailing out of NY there has been a change..I believe she starts sailing out of FLL for our cruise...I'm going to call Carnival customer service tomorrow and try to get an answer..

Ok, I realize that our cruise isn't until 7/20, and I realize that all of this happened on July 3rd, and I realize that Friday was the 4th and a holiday, and I realize that Carnival's employee compliment was probably down because of the holiday weekend, and I realize that they are probably working on the iteneraries and documents on a date basis based on the date the ship is sailing BUT.....

It's now been 5 days and I STILL can't get into my reservation on the Carnival site. All I want to know is if our excursion that is booked on St Thomas needs to be changed because it is supposed to get back to the ship at 4:30 and we are NOW leaving at 4:00! I'd also like to book something for Grand Turk BEFORE everything is booked up.

I don't mind the change in itenerary one bit but this not being able to get online is soooooooo frustrating!!!

What I don't understand is why are they doing this? St. Thomas and Tortola are relatively close to each other. So if they had to travel up to NY from say St. Thomas, it would take the same 2 1/2 days, just like it does from Puerto Rico.

Hey Sandi! Prior to this change, the Miracle had to travel from Tortola to NYC in about 2 1/2 days. Now she goes from St. Thomas to Grand Turk at a more leisurely pace, leaving St. Thomas at 4 pm instead of 6 pm, and arriving at Grand Turk at 1 pm the next day, effectively traveling 17 hours in a northern direction, instead of to Tortola, which is right next to St. Thomas. When she leaves Grand turk at 7 pm, she will presumably have gained more than the 6 hours later she is leaving than Tortola (previously 1 pm), thus allowing her to travel at a slower pace to NYC.

As someone posted, hopefully this will make for a smoother ride, which was pretty rough on the way back last year.

http://www.welt-atlas.de/datenbank/karten/en/karte-0-9011-en.gif

Hey Sandi! Prior to this change, the Miracle had to travel from Tortola to NYC in about 2 1/2 days. Now she goes from St. Thomas to Grand Turk at a more leisurely pace, leaving St. Thomas at 4 pm instead of 6 pm, and arriving at Grand Turk at 1 pm the next day, effectively traveling 17 hours in a northern direction, instead of to Tortola, which is right next to St. Thomas. When she leaves Grand turk at 7 pm, she will presumably have gained more than the 6 hours later she is leaving than Tortola (previously 1 pm), thus allowing her to travel at a slower pace to NYC.

As someone posted, hopefully this will make for a smoother ride, which was pretty rough on the way back last year.

http://www.welt-atlas.de/datenbank/karten/en/karte-0-9011-en.gif

Actually when we sailed the Miracle last year, the ride down on the second day was very rough. The ride back up from Tortola to NYC was not rough at all. I guess it all just depends on the seas at the time.

.....and the Miracle this year on August 31. From the moment my son and I walked on the Miracle, we absolutely loved it. Can't really pinpoint why this happened, but suffice it to say, this was a great cruise. The ship was great, the crew was great, the service was great, the food was great. I kind of wish it wasn't so great, because I had to book another cruise (actually a B2B) so I would have something to look forward to next year

Damn you Miracle!

Why did you have to be so good?

:D

wow.... it really sound like you loved this ship i will be going in june 09. what kind of room did you have and was it big there will be 2 adualts and 2 child going .also any advice on excursions and also i am from philly what is the best way to get there. if you have pics please let me see them thanks patty

They're not up for my cruise either:( I really want to get my kids booked on the Flowrider, I hope they come up soon.

That's really wierd, since my cruise is 8/13. I see a list of 15-20 choices. Wish I could help! I don't think I'm that smart, though...

NSN

They said they would come up with in the next 2 weeks....our sail date isn't until the end of Aug so maybe tomorrow...

Laura:)

as i stated on another link. I called and talked to excursions dept this morning. They said they are working on excursions but most likely wouldn't have them up for a week ,but he said incase it gets put up sooner to check EVERY DAY

I just checked carnival.com, and the excursions are available for the new stop at Grand Turk. Looks like there are alot of choices! Good luck getting yours.

NSN

you can pull up excursions in general but if you put your info in and it takes you to your reservation ,from there you type in excursions. excusions for san juan, st thomas come up, than you type in grand turk and it states no excursions found. See post i sent right before this hope it clears things up for people

you can pull up excursions in general but if you put your info in and it takes you to your reservation ,from there you type in excursions. excusions for san juan, st thomas come up, than you type in grand turk and it states no excursions found. See post i sent right before this hope it clears things up for people

You're exactly right - my mistake. Sorry if I caused any confusion.

Thanks for clearing it up.

NSN

Sorry to say, I haven't read this entire thread, it's taking me way too long, so I hope no one minds if this is a repeat of a previous question.

I'm hoping one of you previous Miracle cruisers will tell me if the Miracle has the Seaside Theater, that I've heard about on other ships ?

Archived