CASABLANCA to MARAKECH by train

has anyone taken the train from casablanca to marakech...i understaand that it is a four hour train ride...did you still have enough time in port...i don`t want to feel rushed..or lose track of time, and miss our train connection back to casablanca..i just feel that it is worth seeing...anyone with misgivings?

We are going to be in Casablanca on the Westerdam in Nov. I booked the ship excursion to Marakech because I didn't want to be that far away from the ship without the security of a ship excursion.

Marakech is 4 hours away - 8 hours round trip. Westerdam is scheduled to be in Casablanca from 6 am to 8 p.m. It will be a long day under the best of conditions. If there are delays, breakdowns, etc., the ship will wait for their tours. On your own you're "on you own."

Since the next day is a sea day and the following day we're in Funchal, Madeira, it could be a real hassle trying to catch up with the ship. We don't need that.

It's a personal decision. The experience of the train could be a pleasant adventure on its own, probably better than four hours on a tour bus.

We weigh the pros and cons and usually come down on the side of caution and, lately, convenience.

has anyone taken the train from casablanca to marakech...i understaand that it is a four hour train ride...did you still have enough time in port...i don`t want to feel rushed..or lose track of time, and miss our train connection back to casablanca..i just feel that it is worth seeing...anyone with misgivings?
My Husband and I took a bus tour from the ship a few years ago. It was a very looong bus ride Then we were hustled very quickly around the tourist areas of Marakech many people begging dirty streets ect. Maybe it has changed but I would never do it again. Lorelle:)

Archived