Adding Airfare with Carnival: Canada

ahotcouple

We will be cruising this coming February with Carnival and have purchased the airfare directly with the cruise line.

As we are from Canada (specifically Ottawa) and want to know what kind of flight itinerary Carnival has given in the past from this area.

I fully expect 1-2 connections, but obviously are leery of a 4-5 connection lengthy itinerary to get us to FLL.

Also, how long before the cruise did you receive confirmation of your itinerary..

Thanks in advance!!!

Hi,

We are from Kenora Ontario, we drive to Winnipeg Manitoba and fly from there. On our previous cruises, we went from Winnipeg to Minniapolis to our port city. We have only had one connection each time. You going from a big airport should be ok. We have no complaints using Carnival air. If we lived in the states, thingswould be different we would book our own flights. We get details about two months out.

Hope this helps.

Brenda

We will be cruising this coming February with Carnival and have purchased the airfare directly with the cruise line.

As we are from Canada (specifically Ottawa) and want to know what kind of flight itinerary Carnival has given in the past from this area.

I fully expect 1-2 connections, but obviously are leery of a 4-5 connection lengthy itinerary to get us to FLL.

Also, how long before the cruise did you receive confirmation of your itinerary..

Thanks in advance!!!

I've never had more then one connection. More often then not, Ottawa to Montreal to Destination. One time we went Ottawa to Detroit to Miami but came back Miami to Montreal to Ottawa.

I am booked on the Valor for Oct 13. They have me flying from Toronto to Montreal to Fort Lauderdale. I will have transfers from Fort Lauderdale to Miami. It seems a bit out of the way to go to Montreal and the timing seems tight to get to the ship by 3:00. I am grateful I bought insurance but I hate to think of missing two days of the cruise should the flight be delayed. I got information on the flights 45 days before the cruise and I have been checking often in case it changes.

Karen

You will probably go out ot TO so if you can go down the day before and hotel it that would be good, when we have gotten air with Carnival it depended where you were cruising out of. Florida usually direct from TO (not always though). MAKE SURE you buy DELUXE insurance we missed a cruise in Feb a few years ago (got snowed in sat on the plane for 6 hours then they shut the aiport down). The only reason we got our money back was because of the insurance. I am originally from Ottawa (lived just north of TO in Maple for 22 years now) when asked where I am from I still say live in TO but home is Ottawa. GO SENS GO

We are booked on the glory on Feb 9th this coming year.

Archived