Do kids still get a fall break?

Honeybear

But a glimmer of hope-My brother in law lives outside Tampa and they do not have fall break. He said none of the surounding counties that he knows of do either. Maybe if the schools close to your port are not out there will not be too many children on your cruise.

Will Oct 13 (our cruise) be on fall break? PLEASE tell me no!

How are you HoneyBear. I haven't seen you here in a while. I remember you by the town you live in. That has to be the best if you get stopped by a cop, or just in conversation at the card table on a cruise. Are they still having the get together every year in town for superman??

We get a "fall break" and ours is the 3rd week in October....which is why we're cruising then. I work for our school system, so our vacations are limited to school breaks.

Last October we also cruised over "fall break" and boy, there were VERY few kids on board. My son's Camp Carnival age group (10-12 yr olds) on the Conquest had only 6 to 8 kids signed up for the cruise. Approx. the same for my 16 yr old DD's group. My 9 yr olds group had a bit more kids, but still only roughly 15-20. WAY less than spring break, summer break, etc.

BTW: Last time we drove to Florida (Disney World 2 summers ago) we stopped in Metropolis and spent the night! Ran into nothing but the nicest people!

Living in Florida, the students here don't get a "fall break". They do have a 3 day weekend in mid October as that is the end of the 1st nine weeks for them. You will find more "fall breaks" up north and the mid west. October is a wonderful time to cruise as long as you don't have a "Wilma" lurking in the caribbean!

You are the nicest bunch of people! You remember me because of my hometown! You've been here and had very nice things to say. I appreciate you all. Yes, even the ones with the bad news! lol.

DH has a Superman t-shirt to wear the first day. As you said, for a conversation peice. Ummm, maybe I need to get a Superman shirt for me too? Whatcha think? Yep, we do still have Superman weekend here every year and you are all welcome! lol

I "love" kids, I really do! But I don't like the ones that "drink and think they are all of that" or drink and empty their stomachs everywhere. That's what I was concerned about. But someone said College kids don't get fall breaks? Befor I get into trouble, I know all college kids don't act like that. I have one that wouldn't drink a drop. But, I know several that would. ;)

I live in North Alabama and it is Fall Break for three of the school systems in the area the 2nd week of Oct and the system where I live, Fall Break is the 3rd week of Oct. We have two friends crusing the 2nd week out of Mobile and we're crusing out of Miami on the 3rd week, as another friend we know.

There's another county nearby who only gets 2 days off for Fall Break, not enough for a cruise.

Sorry, but the last 2 days that week is fall break, throw in a teacher workshop for the 3rd day and taking dd out of school the 1st two so she can cruise with us during fall break. I can't wait!! I understand about the kids that shouldn't be drinking and stuff.

Fall break the weekend of Columbus Day, actually just a long 4 day weekend for us...S/S/M/T. Then, the entire week of Thanksgiving the kids are off. So many parents (and kids) take extended trips and attnedance is always down so they voted several years ago, to close schools that week.

For Lamar County in Mississippi Fall Break is Oct 11 and 12th with a teacher's workshop on Oct 15th. That gives the kids five days off. Luckily there is a 4 day sailing that leaves out of New Orleans on Oct 11th and comes back in on Oct 15th. My kids do not have to miss any days of school.

Dave

Archived