Royal Carbbean- rooms for 4 voyager class

courtneyMC

Posted on RCL board too, but since this seems to be the place for families I thought I'd look here too.

I'm really stumped now. I've looked over all the deck plans and it looks like there aren't that many rooms with 4 separate beds other than interiors. I don't care if one is a pull out couch, but there would also have to be a 3rd pullman bunk. My kids will not sleep well in the same bed.

I'm seeing lots of interior rooms, but those make me worried b/c of the noise since you have neighbors all around in some cases- not like on the outside where you only have side neighbors but not behind you also. Also, It can't be near the bars- noise and drifting smoke.

If you're a family of 4 who has sailed on a voyager class, what class room would you recommend? I even looked at junior suites, but even most of those seem to just have the pull out couches.

Or do DH and I suck it up and I sleep in the pull out with DD and we have the queen split into twins for DH and DS? Not exactly how we want to sleep on vacation!

I'm SO frustrated! I really want to go on RCL but it doesn't seem very set up for a family of 4.

help, please!

There are plenty of oceanviews on Decks 2 and 3 that have pullmans. But you're right about any of the balconies/suites. This will be a problem for us in a few years I'm sure. Right now my boys are 3 and 6 and can probably sleep together. Although I have a sneaking suspicion that the little one will end up in our bed.

Is it possible for you to get two rooms? If you want a suite, you may want to contact RCI about a possible roll-away. A few weeks ago someone asked about those on the RCI board. There never was a definitive answer about whether or not they have them.

I saw this site posted today and I just thought it was the coolest thing. You can click on the deck on a Voyager class ship, then click on the cabin number and see actual pictures of that cabin (or one like it)

Try it and see if it helps you

http://www.romain-moisescot.com/voyagerclass/virtualtour/virtualtourFR.html

I saw this site posted today and I just thought it was the coolest thing. You can click on the deck on a Voyager class ship, then click on the cabin number and see actual pictures of that cabin (or one like it)

Try it and see if it helps you

http://www.romain-moisescot.com/voyagerclass/virtualtour/virtualtourFR.html

That's a GREAT site, thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

Posted on RCL board too, but since this seems to be the place for families I thought I'd look here too.

I'm really stumped now. I've looked over all the deck plans and it looks like there aren't that many rooms with 4 separate beds other than interiors. I don't care if one is a pull out couch, but there would also have to be a 3rd pullman bunk. My kids will not sleep well in the same bed.

I'm seeing lots of interior rooms, but those make me worried b/c of the noise since you have neighbors all around in some cases- not like on the outside where you only have side neighbors but not behind you also. Also, It can't be near the bars- noise and drifting smoke.

If you're a family of 4 who has sailed on a voyager class, what class room would you recommend? I even looked at junior suites, but even most of those seem to just have the pull out couches.

Or do DH and I suck it up and I sleep in the pull out with DD and we have the queen split into twins for DH and DS? Not exactly how we want to sleep on vacation!

I'm SO frustrated! I really want to go on RCL but it doesn't seem very set up for a family of 4.

help, please!

Cruised Mariner last spring....inside quad with 2 pullmans can be tight for 4...need to be really organized and clean up all the time. On the plus side, well laid out with lots of places to put things. Besides, how much time will you really spend in the cabin ?? Too much to do on a Voyager class ship to have time to sit around (unless you want to...while the kids are off at the camp).

There are a few family oceanviews available on Voyager class ships. You generally won't see these offered online. You will have to call. They are larger than a D1 - close to 300 sq. ft or maybe a little larger. There is no balcony.

What there is though is a separate sleeping area with bunk beds. My kids, ds 11 and dd 8, loved the bunk beds. It was like they had their own room. When the room was being cleaned, other passengers with kids would stop by and look in and were quite jealous of the room and the separate sleeping area for the kids.

• 4 weeks later...

I just wanted to second the vote for two connected cabins. We're going to go on the Liberty in January with our daughter (will be 20 mos) and our 3 yr old son. We booked two balcony connected cabins. My requirements with such little ones was a door to put them behind for naps. And it had to be balcony so that while we're trapped in our cabin for their naps we could hang out on the balcony and still enjoy the outdoors.

Once the kids are older and don't have to take naps every day we'll probably drop down to interior cabins to save $$.

But even with getting two connected balcony cabins, it was still less expensive than the cheapest suites which would never have met our needs to have the kids separated from us.

--Debbie

Archived