? about CPAP machines

SHELLKOV

My father-in-law will be going on his first cruise with us in January. He sleeps with a CPAP and I was wondering if it was hard to deal with on the ship? I know it runs on electric, but isn't the only plug in the room clear on the other side opposite of the bed? I would love to hear from anybody that has dealt with this before.

My father-in-law will be going on his first cruise with us in January. He sleeps with a CPAP and I was wondering if it was hard to deal with on the ship? I know it runs on electric, but isn't the only plug in the room clear on the other side opposite of the bed? I would love to hear from anybody that has dealt with this before.

Bring a power bar that has multiple plugs.. he will be fine

Also bring an extension cord to connect the CPAP with the power strip. If you forget, the cabin steward can probably get one for you. The other thing you may need is distilled water. I have read that others have requested it from Carnival and had it waiting for them. Others have reported just using the ship's water, which as been processed onboard. Or bring your own distilled water.

NO PROBLEM. I use a CPAP and had no problem. There was a stool in the room that I placed the machine on and put it on my side of the bed. Although I didn't need it because the wall plug was close enough, I brought along a 50 foot extension cord "just in case". By the way, I did not pack it, I carried it on

My husband has had one for many years. He always carries the CPAP on airplanes and on the ship. It's not that big and it's not a problem to deal with since the machine has its own case. He doesn't dare check it with the airlines-they would surely lose it.

I also have a CPAP machine and like other posters it is no problem. Just bring a power strip an plug adapter and an extension cord. Carnival does have distilled water but the tap water is just a good. Remember now at airports you have to take the machine out of the carrier for TSA inspection. I flew to Denver a few weeks ago and went through this. I hate carrying it but the airline would probably lose it or damage it. Have a great cruise.

Robb

I just got home this morning and I had mine with me on the ship, the info about using the stool next to the bed is what I did and it worked just fine and do bring a power strip I used the c-pap and had a small personal fan on just because I like to have air circulating all the time no problems the room steward never touched it and I left it out the entire trip.:)

I use a CPAP as well, thats the only way Wendy would sleep next to me, if not I would have to book another Cabin :rolleyes: Anyways he will need to bring a 15ft cord with him. If he forgets to bring one you can go down to the Pursers Desk and get one, they give out the heavy duty commerical types and requires a 20.00 refundable fee.

Make sure that he brings a Power Strip also so that he can plug other items for charging during the night.

CPAPs fit fine inside the end tables when you want to put them away.

Fred

My husband has had one for many years. He always carries the CPAP on airplanes .

This is the part I hate the most, mine is also a Carry-on item at the Airport and they always have to check it because the tube alone looks like a Coil thingie that you would see with explosives. Some experience TSA workers know what they are and let it pass through, while others have their finger on the RED BOMB alert systems button and start calling for a supervisor.

Fred

Archived